The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
- i. A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Corporate Communication or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized university institution;
- ii. A Post-Graduate Diploma in any of the following: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Corporate Communication any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized university institution;
- iii. Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing;
- iv. A Senior Management course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- v. Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- vi. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
i. Overseeing formulation, implementation and reviewing of the Commission’s Communication policies, strategies and guidelines;
- ii. Ensuring effective and efficient crisis communication management;
- iii. Championing public engagement for effective stakeholders’ relations;
- iv. Managing corporate information gateways for effective communication;
- v. Overseeing the development and implementation of strategies to foster positive media relations;
- vi. Coordinating preparation of timely media supplements, appearances, documentaries, press releases and features;
- vii. Managing the Commission’s digital platforms;
- viii. Managing executive events with a view to securing institutional profiling moments;
- ix. Spearheading the development and implementation of initiatives to promote the Commission’s positive corporate image and foster relations with stakeholders;
- x. Facilitating promotion of public awareness of the Commission’s programs and processes through development and dissemination of Information, Education and Communication materials;
- xi. Overseeing the development and implementation of a robust internal communication strategies;
-i. Minimum of Six (6) years relevant work Experience;
- ii. At least Three (3) years at Supervisory Management level;
Core Job Competencies:
- i. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- ii. Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- iii. Professional and Technical competence;
- iv. Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- v. Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- vi. Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.