Key tasks of the job include:
• managing parts of construction projects
• overseeing building work
• undertaking surveys
• setting out sites
• checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
• supervising contracted staff
• ensuring project packages meet agreed specifications, budgets and/or timescales
• liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager
• providing technical advice and solving problems on site
• preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
• liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
• ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
• Graduates will need an accredited degree in engineering:
• 3 years work experience.
• Commercial awareness – an understanding of how your actions can affect profitability of a project
• Teamworking and relationship-building skills
• Communication skills
• Technical skills
• An eye for detail
• Problem solving
• Leadership and management.