Software Engineer - Identity Management for Canonical Products at Canonical
Software & Data
You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and Web Services at scale. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
- Bring your Python and Golang skills to bear on identity, authorization and access management across Canonical's suite of enterprise products and web services.
- As a software engineer for Identity Management products of Canonical, you will modernize and expand the capabilities of the identity management solutions we use for authentication and authorization in our products, as well as our canonical.com and ubuntu.com websites. Your work on Identity Management will directly impact the users of all Canonical products.
- Technical excellence and a background in software engineering are necessary prerequisites for this role. You will be expected to own the design and delivery of the system, facilitate integrations and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you'll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write clean web service APIs to support both CLI and web frontend clients, using Python (and optionally Golang).
- Design and implement new features and enhancements from spec to production and ongoing operations at scale.
- Review code produced by other engineers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions.
- Create and enhance management, authentication and authorization API endpoints
- Craft end-user authentication flows from design to implementation
- Modernize the identity stack of our websites and products by driving adoption of best-of-breed IAM technologies
- Deliver great products that users love by maintaining a culture of quality and engineering excellence
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks per year for internal and external events
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You are a software engineer, with specific experience building identity and access management products
- You are familiar with the open source software, standards, protocols and concepts in the identity space (e.g. OpenID, OAuth, LDAP)
- You have experience implementing authorization frameworks in distributed systems
- You value secure coding and standards, and enjoy working on teams that do the same
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
- You love technology and working with a diverse set of talented people.
- You are comfortable with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform.
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You love embracing new technologies and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, with a view to building products that improve how people operate software and infrastructure
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured