Software Engineer, Personalization
BrighterMonday Kenya Indirect Jobs
Software & Data
Be a part of building a product and contributing to it, having ownership over what you do, and seeing it evolve
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
As Software Engineer for our Reporting & Analytics team, you will grow our business by building and maintaining Reporting APIs that deliver valuable data to our Enterprise customers and help us expand globally.
Our belief is simple: Help Mural grow by contributing to our product from an Enterprise approach to work with the biggest clients. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for delivering quality code, coaching fellow engineers, and ensuring we adhere to standard methodologies in the Software Development Process. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager, Reporting and Analytics.
In this role, you will:
- Be a part of building a product and contributing to it, having ownership over what you do, and seeing it evolve
- Work as a full stack developer on tasks that will require different aspects and skills from you
- Be a problem solver, use your resources to work autonomously, and bring new ideas to our work by sharing your particular experience and knowledge
- Join a diverse team with a positive outlook to teach and learn
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration. We strongly encourage doing pair programming and code reviews!
- Work closely with the product and design teams
- Collaborate in our team’s technical designs and participate in whichever you want from other teams. We are open to everyone!
- Work closely with product management to help realize the product vision
- Collaborate with fellow engineers within and outside the team, along with architects and SREs, to ensure we deliver a feature with quality built in at every stage.
- Help us build and maintain APIs that deliver valuable insight to our Enterprise
- A passion for learning. Our team is at a unique intersection between product engineering and data engineering. You may not know everything at first, but if you’re a fast learner, you’ll do well!
- An undying concern about the value we bring to our Enterprise customers with the reporting we provide them. We constantly strive to improve their experience and try to solve problems using our analytics.
- At least 3 years of experience building APIs (preferably with Node.js) and working with non-relational databases (MongoDB experience is ideal)
- Experience in crafting and developing web services using REST and JSON
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, ESLint, Jasmine
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Hands-on development of applications and services
- Lead moderate to highly sophisticated programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Implement automated unit and integration tests and ensure the practice is followed consistently
- Participate in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- Provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently of a remote location
- Experience building responsive, pixel-perfect user interfaces using React
- Experience working with data pipelines such as Astronomer or Airflow and writing data jobs
- Familiarity with tools like DataDog for monitoring and observability
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured