& Position Description Questionnaire (JDPDQ)
Please submit organizational chart to your business partner along with the JDPDQ.
Job Title Supply Chain Coordinator Manager Name/Title Supply Chain ManagerÂ
Department/Office Supply Chain DepartmentÂ
History of Position New
FOR P&C USE ONLY
JD Last Revised November1, 2023 JEMCode Please consult business partner.
Cost Centre Our People Job ID Please consult business partner.
EXL Member/PL/RL Work Unit ID Please consult business partner.
Employee Type Fixed Term, Full Time
Overtime Exemption To be determined by Grading Committee Only
Contract Type Local 1
L-IM Scale Eligibility Please consult business partner.
Contract Duration 1-2 Years
Workers Comp Code Select your answer
Hours per Week 40 EEOC Code Select your answer
Vacancy Type NO/SO Department - Local Recruitment
P&C Notes for Role
Vacancy Details Development (Field or Office)
Preferred Office Loc. (Please Note: Global is for 18+ Only)
JOB PURPOSE (Limit 750 characters)
To carry out procurement activities for goods and services as per laid down procurement policies procedures and processes while maintaining high standards of integrity and accountability.
% of time Activity End Results
1. Advise and seek approval of internal customers of modifications from original requests.Â
2. Facilitates across all parties the timely resolution of issues that could impact meeting the needs of the requestor and communities.Â
3. Identify alternative supply sources for materials / services not under contractÂ
4. Ensure safe delivery and receipt of ordered materialsÂ
5. Resolve conflicts with deliveries and suppliers
Â â¢ Timely procurement of good and servicesÂ
Strategic SourcingÂ 10%
1. Execute the Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process as per the set guidelines based on the set guidelines for the assigned categories.
2. Manage the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies as per the approved framework for the assigned categories.
3. Lead negotiations for the assigned Categories.Â
4. Supervise the Sourcing events and Assistance work relating to sourcing.
5. Preparation of Procurement Committee submission documents to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision-making process.
6. Facilitate Purchasing Committee meetings and ensure that proper documentation is maintained.
â¢ Business efficiencies achievedÂ
Supplier contact relationship and managementÂ 10%
1. Accurately complete the master data management form (or contract/supplier register)
2. Monitor and complete contract close-out, renewal or retender, as appropriate for the assigned commodities.
3. Ensure that contractual conditions and performance indicators are understood by the suppliers.
4. Identify & resolve or escalate contract-related issues both internally and externally.
5. Analyze supplier performance based on customer feedback information & other sources and coordinate with supplier for improvement.
â¢ WV uses Standard / vetted contracts and managed, maintaining healthy supplier relationship
Procurement ExecutionÂ 20%
1. Receive incoming Purchase Requisitions (Pending Buyer Action), verify specifications are clear, conduct sourcing event if required items are not already on contract, update the PR with actual supplier record and release PR for approval.Â
2. Follow Procurement Polices and guidelines in Supplier Award decisions under the applicable threshold.Â
3. Manage PO Change requests coordinating with Requesters, Budget Owners and Suppliers
4. Consolidates all required documentation for presentation to Finance for timely supplier payment for materials and services delivered.Â
â¢ Timely and quality delivery.Â
Data Management and analysisÂ 10%
1. Collect and analyze organization-wide data to support decision-makingÂ
2. Provide support in the design of the business metrics to monitor SCM performance and alerting management when the performance trigger is violated
3. Conduct spend analysis to support strategic sourcing activities, and Supplier Relationship Management
4. Prepare summary report of supplier bid responses for Procurement Committee award decision meetings
5. Track and analyze procurement performance and savings against established target levels
Â â¢ Operational Data is collected, analyzed, interpreted and well managed meeting the SCM Targets.Â
Process, Procedure and PolicyÂ 10%
Â 1. Conduct all procurement related tasks as per the approved procurement polices, processes and guidelines.Â
2. Advice management regarding any challenge / risks / impractical guidelines.
3. Collect customer feedback relating to the policies, processes and guidelines, and report to NO Management for improvements or change,
4. Review with Partners / Sub-Grantees, their SCM Policies, procedures and etc. to identify any gaps, document them under assessment reports, and capture under capacity building plans. â¢ continuous improvement culture is embeddedÂ
Systems Development & Implementation Â
5% 1. Collect and collate useful data which can be used to improve the general systems established and communicate this information to immediate Supervisor
â¢ Quality data is available for decision makingÂ
Control & ComplianceÂ 10%
Â 1. Conduct supplier pre-qualification for all new-suppliers and maintain records.
2. Participate in development of risk identification & assessment tools, registers and other tools and assessing SCM and contractual risks for procurements of goods, works or services.
3. Maintain proper filing and record keeping as per the guidelines set by the management.
4. Coordinate with Requesters to close out open POs in a timely manner.
5. Implementation of agreed audit recommendations in the procurement process as per the guidance given by the HoD.
6. Participate in process to Review Partners / Sub-Grantees, internal control system in the procurement process to identify any gaps, document them under assessment reports, and capture under capacity building plans.
7. Periodically monitor the progress on implementation of recommendations and update the management of all parties. â¢ All Risks emanating from procurement are mitigated
Training and capacity buildingÂ 10%
1. Coordinate, participate in, and/or train staff from Supply Chain Staff and other WVI Departments on WVI Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems
2. Conduct Partners' / Sub-Grantees' capacity assessment and capacity building plans as per set framework / guidelines.
3. Train the Partners / Sub-Grantees based on the approved capacity building plan, monitor progress.
Coordinate with internal stakeholders in monitoring the progress and submit progress reports to the management.
5%Â Any other duties
1. Participate in committee & Task forces requiring security input or guidance.
2. Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor or designee
Â â¢ Team work is enhancedÂ
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
Â 1. University degree in Business Administration, Procurement or similar degree, or equivalent experienceÂ
2. Post graduate qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management from CIPS Level 4
3. At least 4 years' experience in Procurement or Supply Chain
4. Computer literate with excellent working knowledge in MS Office.
5. Experience in working with Enterprise Resource Platform (ERPâs)Â
registration, and certification
Â â¢ A member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
Â â¢ High professional ethics and integrityÂ
â¢ Good interpersonal and organizing skills
â¢ Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
â¢ Strong communication skills.
â¢ Experience working in the INGO at a similar role is an added advantageÂ
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Contact (within WV or outside WV) Reason for contact Frequency of contact
Technical Teams, Departmental Leads and Requesters:
Â â¢ Providing guidance on processes, policies and systems Monthly
Suppliers: â¢ Send Purchase Orders
â¢ Coordination of sourcing processes
â¢ Follow up on customs clearance ContinuousÂ
Procurement committee â¢ Decision making WeeklyÂ
Decision Making that do not require prior approval
â¢ Routine decisions within scope of work.
â¢ Decisions related to day to day work within the function.
â¢ Decisions made within policy.
Decision making that require referred to higher authority or that are controlled by the policyÂ
â¢ Decisions which have an impact outside of area of work and/or impact general operations.
â¢ Exceptions to policy decisions or decisions requiring a change to policy.
â¢ Purchasing decisions made within approval limits for this position.
â¢ Decisions requiring input from other departments.Â
Describe the most common way in which position is assigned work and how it is reviewed.
â¢ The annual performance agreement outlines major goals.Â
â¢ The manager communicates priorities and/or changes if needed.Â
â¢ Progress towards goals are periodically reviewed with manager.
Core competency Level Core competency Level Core competency Level
Business Needs Analysis Experienced Demand Management Experienced Supplier Relationship Development Experienced
Financial Acumen Experienced Negotiation & Supplier Relations Management Experienced Risk Management Experienced
System Acumen Experienced Contract Management Experienced Compliance Experienced
Supply Market and Supplier Research Experienced Supplier Performance Management Experienced Stakeholder Engagement Experienced
Sourcing Strategy Development Experienced Process Improvement Experienced Communication Experienced
Business Case Development Experienced Project Management Experienced Teamwork Experienced
CORE COMPETENCIES â For all positions, select the top 3 prioritized competencies from below. Click here for a quick overview of our Core Competencies.
â Be Safe and Resilient
â Deliver Results
â Build Relationships
â Be Accountable
â Learn and Develop
â Improve and Innovate
â Partner and Collaborate
â Embrace Change
For Management positions only, select the top 2 prioritized competencies from below.
â Model Self-Management
â Engage, Influence, Lead
and Grow Others â Run an Effective
and Agile Organisation â Develop the Organisation
for the Future
Manager Name: Manager Approval Date: Click or tap to enter a date.
P&C Name: S P&C Approval Date: Click or tap to enter a date.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.