Role: Technical Machine Operator
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
Department: Manufacturing, Operations & Warehouse
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Industry: Plastic Manufacturing
• The Machine Operator will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of machines to ensure production volumes, and quality standards are achieved in accordance with all safety provisions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, product safety, company property, environmental and team safety.
• Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output.
• Monitors machine performance and operating parameters to ensure production quality and volumes are achieved in line with the production plan.
• To set process parameters after loading the Mould. Maintain the process parameter sheets for each Mould loaded on the machine. Take the trials for new moulds & do the PPAP.
• Performs Autonomous maintenance (CLIRT) on machines to ensure machine availability, High performance and reduced down time. Support in preventive maintenance activities.
• Attend to breakdowns and repairs machines to ensure the machine is made available for production with minimum down time.
• To analyze production data, breakdowns & prepare action plans to improve the OEE.
• Checks and maintains utilities (cooling tower, chilling plant, air compressor and generators) to ensure availability and performance of all utilities in order to support production.
• Makes proactive suggestions about operation methods, processes and increasing performance.
• Zero LTI
• Zero customer complaints and Rejection rate less than 0.5%
• Machine output is maximized/Product quality/Safe working conditions.
• Production Efficiency/Process Parameter sheet
• OEE 85% min, Rejection rate 0.5% max
• Machine Availability/OEE Improvement
• Adherence to procedures/ Work is completed timeously/utility availability and performance.
• Machine Availability /100% Production Targets.
• Minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
• You have at least 1-2 years’ experience in operations and maintenance
• Basic knowledge of electrical/ hydraulic/bench work,
• Knowledge of fitting work,
• Procedural knowledge of material usage,
• Production processes and standards,
• Safety requirements and procedures,
• Good Manufacturing Practices and hygiene,
• Machine operation procedures (Multi Skilled Operator)
• Ability to take decisions within company procedures and policies as well the accountability that comes with it.
• Multiskilled with ability to work across the other roles in operations
• Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as and when required
• Ability and willingness to continuously learn and improve personal competence is essential
• Be flexible and open minded
• Best attitude towards work
• Problem solver
• Flexible to working shift hours