The Media Council of Kenya is an independent National institution established by the Media Council Act, 2013 as the leading institution in the regulation of media and in the conduct and discipline of journalists. The Council is in the process of reviewing its operational structure and consequently wishes to engage various professionals to enhance its capacity to execute its mandate. MCK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit highly competent, dynamic, visionary and results oriented professionals to fill the following positions:
VA/8 ICT TECHNICIAN (1 Position-Based in Nairobi )
- Install and maintain ICT Systems.
- Carry out computer Hardware Repairs and maintenance.
- Provide user support ensuring response to requests are timely to ensure minimum disruption to service to clients at all times..
- Software installation and customization including upgrades.
- Undertake daily back-up of information systems.
- Ensure proper functioning of CCTV and Server Equipment.
- Train employees on internet and computer use.
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Spearhead e-government initiatives.
- Prepare ICT equipment specifications for tender documents.
- Develop and maintain ICT helpdesk standards.
- Maintain an efficient database.
- Periodic, planned rollout of system updates and upgrades.
- Test back-up and recovery plans.
- Prepare equipment audit reports.
- Generate equipment obsolescence reports for disposal. Perform any other assignments as directed by Management.
- Diploma in IT, Computer Science or related course and professional certifications (MCSA, CCNIE)
- Minimum of three (3) years of Experience
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Further, all candidates are required to provide their valid membership with relevant professional bodies.
Applicants meeting desired qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Applications can be sent via the following link: www.mediacouncil.or.ke/careers. In which you are required to provide ALL relevant details by 29th September 2020.
Alternatively, candidates can send a mail attaching all documents to; email@example.com
Further details relating to the vacant position are located in our website www.mediacouncil.or.ke.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification