Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Novartis International AG is a Swiss multinational pharmaceutical company based in Basel, Switzerland. It is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies by both market cap and sales
The general responsibility of this role is to offer support for all IT needs of the country office, as listed below. The primary responsibility, which cuts through all these areas, will be to proactively support the strategic, tactical and routine IT needs and ensuring that these needs are met effectively.
IT Business Partnering
- Act as primary senior IT business partner for the local Site leadership
- Lead and coach community of IT business partners in the retained IT organization in relevant location
- Act as senior IT account manager ensuring seamless communication and exchange with global IT functions delivering supply of global, standardized IT services
- Support global IT functions in demand management activities where necessary, fostering the “One IT” vision towards business customers
- Effective alignment of IT investment
- Lead and perform the IT planning process, ensuring sound business cases and analysing key business initiatives and informational needs that support, improve and/or transform business operations, processes and strategy.
- Initiate, lead and support projects and their delivery in accordance with project goals, time scales and costs in compliance with Novartis methodologies
- Own IT tactical planning for the Site and contribute to the business strategy for area and influence/persuade for its acceptance. Ensure local IT strategy is aligned with global IT strategy and local business strategy
- Develop an environment which fosters a high-performance and innovative organization
- Coach staff in both functional and core competencies.
- Ensure continuous training needs are identified for succession and career development of staff
- Serve as a mentor and role model. Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and behaviour in dealings with staff, colleagues, customers and outside contacts.
- Achieve the most efficient operations
- Develop and deliver support in accordance with Service Level Agreements based on business requirements. Work closely with business partners in understanding and responding to both long-term and short-term business goals and strategy.
- Ensure the continuous improvement, rationalization and management of existing systems and operations.
- Ensure proper implementation of global standards, policies and systems platforms.
- Analyse Service Requirements in business to define/revise service levels. Monitor Service Quality and put proactive measures in place to improve it.
- Ensures that all IT compliance requirements are met on an on-going basis
- Fulfilling yearly IGM and SOX IT cycle
- Owning overall IT risk management
- Meeting IT Security imperatives
- Communication and alignment with business stakeholders on IT compliance activities
Minimum requirements Information Technology English
- 10+ years of increasing direct management responsibility within an IT environment.
- Track record of driving change and successfully managing large scale transformations
- Experience working at local, regional and global levels and ability to work in a diverse, multi-business unit environment
- Broad experience including Vendor Management, IT Procurement, Strategy Development and Deployment, Project Management, Application Development and Maintenance, Business Continuity Planning
- Experience in a Healthcare or relevant highly regulated environment and strong GxP knowledge and experience
- Functional skills in the areas of Sales, Marketing, HR and Finance
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record in successfully recruiting and developing talent in a diverse and high performing team
- Very good written and oral communication skills
Job ID 213692BR