The CPF Group is seeking to recruit a high-caliber, results-oriented, experienced, and highly skilled professionals to drive the delivery of the expanded mandate for the following positions:
Supervisor Title: Finance Manager
Responsible to the Financial and Management Accountant for ensuring accurate and timely maintenance and reporting of accounting records in accordance with prescribed financial policies, standards and taxation requirements for all the Companies in the Group.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
1. Check and verify any expenditure before preparation of payment vouchers, cheques and remittance of payments.
2. Ensure all income and expenditures are subjected to the relevant taxes.
3. Ensure proper billings for income and receivables accounts management.
4. Compile and post general ledger information and summaries concerning various financial transactions in order to ensure accurate and timely maintenance of accounting records.
5. Prepare general ledger journal entries to record cash, revenue, and expense activities including proper coding of transactions to the general ledger and closure in accordance with agreed timetable.
6. Assist in preparing audit schedules and other information as may be requested by auditors.
7. Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, adjust trial balance to include accruals, Receivables, payments and other adjustments and resolve discrepancies.
8. Carry out reconciliation of the assets register with the general ledger.
9. Proper maintenance, storage and security of financial and accounting documents in order to ensure they are properly filed, secured and accessible for action.
10. To produce timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis.
11. Preparation and filling of all the applicable tax and other statutory returns.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or any other relevant field. CPA-K, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
2. Minimum three (3) years’ experience in financial accounting.
3. Good knowledge of and skills in forecasting, analysis, planning and budgeting.
1. Knowledge of accounting principles and best practices.
2. Good knowledge of local and international accounting standards i.e. IFRS.
3. Good knowledge of local, regional and international taxation requirements.
4. Ability to maintain professional status and keeps abreast of evolving trends in financial management through continuing professional development.
5. Proficient in the use of computerized accounting packages, computer applications and statistical packages.
6. High integrity; strong analytical ability, problem solving and reporting skills; attentive to detail.
7. Effective communication and interpersonal skills
If you meet the requirements stipulated for the above positions, please write in confidence quoting the position title and reference number on the subject of the email or cover letter on or before 30th October, 2020 at 5.00 pm. Applications including Curriculum vitae, contact email and daytime telephone contacts, current position and remuneration, names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach valid copies of the following documents:
• Police Clearance Certificate
• Clearance from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission(EACC)
• Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board(HELB)
• Certificate by Credit Reference Bureau
• KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The CPF Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.