The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
- i. A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any other recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- ii. Professional Certification as a Certified Public Accountants (CPA K) or Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Risk Management or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- iii. Professional Membership to a relevant professional body with Good Standing;
- iv. A Certification in Certified Information System Auditors (C.I.S.A);
- v. A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- vi. Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- vii. Meets the Requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- i. Identifying in consultation with the management, the relevant operating risks that may affect operations and delivery of services and assess their likelihood of occurrence and potential impact;
- ii. Leading in the development and implementation of the Risk Management Policy and strategy that aligns with the strategic Plan;
- iii. Developing, implementing, and maintaining a compliance framework on statutory, contractual and internal obligations (e.g code of conduct, internal controls and quality management systems);
- iv. Preparing an annual Risk and Compliance Review Plan to be approved by the Audit, Governance and Risk Management Committee; v. Reviewing compliance with existing laws, regulations, policies, plans and procedures, accounting pronouncements and contractual obligations;
- vi. Preparing and presenting comprehensive and insightful reports for all risk and compliance assessments undertaken;
- vii. Engaging stakeholders through the risk and compliance review process ensuring all stakeholders are kept informed at all stages of the review process;
- viii. Monitoring key metrics to confirm achievement of the risk and compliance plans and their contribution to the overall strategic plan;
- ix. Tracking and monitoring Risk and Compliance assessments findings and ensure recommendations made are implemented;
- x. Driving training and sensitization of judicial officers and staff in risk management and compliance;
- xi. Updating and consolidating the Judiciary Risk register;
- xii. Providing leadership, developing, training, coaching, motivating and evaluating risk management staff to achieve their highest levels of performance;
- xiii. Facilitating statutory and external risk and compliance reviews; and
- i. Minimum nine (9) years relevant work experience
- ii. At least three (3) years at Middle Level Management;
Job Core Competencies:
- i. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- ii. Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- iii. Professional and Technical competence;
- iv. Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- v. Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- vi. Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.