Supervisor/Manager Title: Marketing Manager
Positions reporting to this job: None
Job Purpose-Indicate in one or two sentences the general purpose of the position (or why this job exists).
The purpose of this role is to develop and execute brand strategy across multiple platforms so as to increase brand awareness and visibility among MMI target market for positive brand perception, association and imagery whilst maintaining brand integrity, to grow market share and profitability to meet market demand, drive great customer and staff experience.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities-starting with strategic, managerial then operational
1. Research consumer understanding:
a) Steer the collection and analysis of consumer and market insights to make recommendations to steer brand strategy
b) Propose and monitor the perfect mix strategy for MMI to build integrated and engaging consumer experiences
c) Collect and collate trade related intelligence to develop effective in store and general trade solutions.
2. Strategy planning and execution:
a) Develop and execute MMI marketing plans
b) Coordinate and implement of approved annual MMI brand plans in the main on trade and off trade channels to achieve market share and volume profitability.
c) Contribute to development and execute strong functional aligned brand and integrated commercial plan. Track and monitor performance.
3. Plan & Budget Managing budgets:
a) Manage brand financials, forecasts, sales performance and marketing budget as per marketing calendar.
4. Project Management & Execution:
a) Manage projects in line with MMI strategy
b) Oversee scope and timelines of marketing initiatives and activities
5. Team Management: able to communicate clearly and effectively, delegate, solve problems and make decisions around the team
a) Work with various internal and external teams (commercial team, PR agencies brand ambassadors to gather competitor information
b) Build productive working relationship with sales team, finance supply chain to manage brands day to day operations.
Key Performance Indicators (at least 5)
• Brand volume achievement
• Market share growth
• Management of advertisement and promotion budget
• Execution of planned activity marketing grid
• People management and marketing agencies/media/creative/production
• Research report & factional insights from research Consumer feedback management.
• Reports and recommendations from survey
• Approved annual brand plan
• Monthly reports as per set guidelines
Minimum Requirements-State the academic and professional qualifications and work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree Sales and Marketing or Business Studies
• 6 years of Marketing experience and 2 years Brand management
• Member of MSK/CIM mandatory
Competencies and Attributes-State the personal traits and technical skills required in a sentence format (Competency Statements)
1. Strategic Thinking- ability to see the big picture and thinking ahead, resource and structure and well able to disseminate the strategic plan through the whole team.
2. Leadership skills: the ability to inspire and motivate team to success; communicate clearly and effectively, delegate, solve problems and make decisions around the team.
3. Planning and Coordination skills: Able to prioritize & manage tasks resources to meet set deadlines and achieve MMI goals
4. Communication skills: Receive and process information from different MMI stakeholders and give the appropriate feedback accordingly for faster decision-making and action within and without the company
5. Stakeholder Management: Capable of maintaining good and amicable relationships with the people and organizations that have most impact at MMI and its business
6. Interpersonal skills: - Able to interact and relate well with different MMI stakeholders within and without the company.
7. Articulate in speech: - Able to clearly and effectively pass verbal information to different MMI stakeholders within and without the company.
8. Brand Management: ability to manage the Melvins brand to build strong consumer awareness positive brand associations and imagery that contributes to brand trial, usage and ultimately loyalty
9. Attention to detail: Able to research, receive and review information relevant to MMI and its business in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
10. Analytical skill: Organize and collect data in order to establish trends for effective decision making.
Consequence of Error (at least 2 critical ones)
• Environmental changes that invalidate marketing campaigns
• Misalignment within or without the organisation
• Diminishing consumer buying power
• Changing consumer perception and preferences
• Stiff or increasing competition from other players
• Industry rivalry
Relationships and working contacts
Internal Stakeholders: Management, Sales, production staff
External Stakeholders: Service providers and customers and media
Office setup with market visits/events, marketing agencies, trade partners and other relevant offices outside MMI