Our client, one of the leading player in the East African motor industry with exclusive distribution of different automotive brands both medium and heavy commercial vehicles is seeking to recruit a Brand Manager who will be responsible for effectively, efficiently, and profitably managing one of their brands with a view of meeting the business strategic goals. He/ She will also develop the retailer strategy to increase revenue and profit in all areas of the business in accordance with the Group’s growth plan. The successful candidate Must have 8 – 10 years’ experience in automotive dealership and a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a managerial level.
• Effectively, efficiently, and profitably manage the resources.
• Take full responsibility for managing the financial performance of the brand.
• Deliver on agreed budgets and manufacturer partner targets.
• Develop an integrated marketing strategy to effectively achieve brand promotion objectives and increase market share.
• Ensure appropriate research has been carried out and competitor marketing intelligence information is timely sourced.
• Negotiate with the principal business partners about growing the business.
• Instill a dealership culture that capitalizes on an integrated business approach across sales, marketing and aftersales.
• Direct the brand’s business development programs.
• Ensure that the brand is properly manned and monitor employees’ performance on a regular basis.
• Coordinate and manage showroom activities to deliver the highest levels of service and standards.
• Develop expert knowledge of the customer base to identify and can segment it for marketing events and special projects.
• Negotiate all business contracts for the brand in consultation with the line manager.
• Responsible for deploying all sales tools in full working condition.
• Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies.
• Lead creative development and create a motivating stimulus to get the targeted population to act.
• Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure that maximum value is derived for the brand.
• Must have a Relevant Degree in Sales and Marketing/ Public Relations from a recognized institution.
• Must have a post graduate Diploma in Marketing.
• Must have at least 8 – 10 years’ experience in an automotive dealership out of which a minimum 5 years should be at Management Level.
• Must have demonstrated leadership skills and strategic/systematic thinking and decisiveness.
• Must be result oriented with a sound understanding of automotive dealer/distributor business processes.
• Must have excellent business negotiation skills, Business acumen, Strategy, Organizational and analytic skills.
• Must be accountable for devising, planning, and delivering many complex tactical initiatives in line with financial, operational, and strategic business plans.
• Must be able to handle complex projects, allocate time resources as required.
• Must be able to analyze problems that are technically complex or conceptually abstract, generating workable solutions through creative thinking.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 400,000 – 450,000/= (Approx. 4,000 – 4,500 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Management.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 14th December 2020.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.