Nazava Water Filters Limited imports, trades and markets the best affordable household water filters to enable urban and rural Kenyan citizens to purify their tap, well, rain or river water and make it safe to drink, without the need for boiling or using electricity.
We believe that access to clean, safe drinking water should not be defined by economic means. That every single person should be able to afford to protect their family from disease and to live happy, healthy lives. We believe that change takes commitment. That there are no ‘quick fixes’. That we all have a part to play and we must stand together and do what is necessary.
We further believe that even the simplest of technologies have the power to change peoples lives for the better. And we will strive to deliver those technologies for as long as we exist. We say no to over paying water which still makes you ill.
We say no to trading filter effectiveness for price. We say no to adding unnecessary complexity to problems that can be solved simply. But most importantly, we say YES to safe drinking water for every person on Earth.
We provide a good working environment, are honest, integer and ambitious. We provide excellent customer care, quality control and service provision. And we’re always on the look-out for the newest technologies and solutions.
Nazava has impacted 500,000 people with access to safe drinking water. Our customers have increased their disposable income with 11 million US$ and together we have reduced 133 thousand ton Co2 emissions. As we replace the need for single use plastic we also contribute to the circular economy.
In order to amplify our impact in Kenya we plan to employ 116 Kenyan citizens in the next 4 years as the company continues to grow, expand, and deploy further investment in Kenya.
We are Nazava; and we are here to lead the safe water revolution.
About the role:
Nazava is hiring for an entrepreneurial Business Development Manager who will act as the face of Nazava and the key point of contact to a wide range of strategic partners, including microfinance institutions, multilateral organizations, aid and development agencies, non-government organizations, government officials, and Nazava distribution partners.
- New Business Development:
- Identify and develop new strategic & distribution partnerships that align with Nazava’s company strategy.
- Building the business in Kenya through networking with other businesses for partnership opportunities and building relationships.
- Develop strategic partnerships with other organizations
- Team Management:
- Hire, train, manage and retain a team of partnerships sales activators; the Nazava Water Experts.
- Own the sales targets and work on 100% achievement of the set targets for the Nazava Water Experts.
- Ensure that Nazava Water Experts are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skill to enable them to deliver results.
- Ensure the scheduled work plan from the Nazava Water Experts are well executed through handling weekly work reviews and planning to review.
- Key Account Management: Effectively monitor and manage all distribution partnerships, customer accounts and provide support when necessary.
Merchandising Strategy: Assist in the development of the company’s merchandising strategy; ensure that all products are visible and well displayed across all distribution partnerships points of sale.
About the candidate:
- An individual who is passionate about sales and people management.
- Experience in developing new partnerships.
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills.
- Experience managing a team and passionate about mentoring and coaching.
- Keen to detail and accuracy required and willing to learn.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, proactive and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Open-minded, willingness to learn
Requirements: Education, qualifications & qualifications & another knowledge
- A Bachelor Degree in Sales and Marketing or other related fields.
- At least 5 years experience in a Leadership Role in Sales and Partnership with team management experience.
- Experience in WASH and/or last mile distribution would be an added advantage.
Nazava does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).