Department: CEO’s Office
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Westlands, Nairobi
Direct Reports: None
Others Reporting Indirectly:None
The job holder will play an integral role in the CEO’s office and will be responsible for the reporting on and analysis of overall business performance. He /she will conduct extensive business research and analysis, report findings, and provide advice on improving areas of concern. Additionally, he/she will work collaboratively with the CEO and the other departmental heads in developing and driving identified performance metrics to the realization of sustainable business profitability.
Key Measures of Performance
• Turnaround time for delivery of tasks
• Quality and accuracy of reports and presentations
• Quality in level of support and coordination
• Business operational process reengineering
Organization Reporting Structure
Chief Executive Officer
Business Performance Manager
1. Perform business support functions through:
• Conducting and coordinating financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments.
• Interpreting, evaluating and interrelating research data and developing integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
• Assisting in the consolidation of the overall business plans shared by the EXCO periodically.
• Preparing the action log for scheduled and ad hoc EXCO and Board meetings; preparing and circulating meeting minutes and papers and tracking tasks emanating from these meetings.
• Collaborating with the CEO and departmental heads to determine reports input requirements; Tracking business performance and preparing related reports; highlighting variances to the set strategy, drawing business insights through the data analysed and proposing recommendations, as necessary.
2. Assist in financial planning and budgeting by:
• Coordinating annual budget build-up in collaboration with the finance team and the departmental heads to ensure all business activities have an allocated budget.
• Work with the finance team to ensure there is a budgetary control process in each stage of the business operation and business decision.
• Preparing regular tracking budget spend tracking reports for all units against set budgets.
3. Handling special projects coordinated by the CEO’s office by:
• Defining project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; assisting in forming project team; and establishing project budget.
• Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving arising problems; developing progress reports; recommending actions.
4. Improve operational efficiencies in the business through:
• Identifying areas of improvements and concerns in business operational areas and suggesting appropriate strategies to resolve them.
• Assisting in the development and implementation of performance metrics to improve business operational efficiency.
• Perform analysis of business problems to identify the root causes and recommend corrective actions.
• Provide documentation for identified problem, definition, and procedures for solving them.
• Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
5. Provide administrative support to the CEO’s office as necessary.
6. Perform any other official duties as directed by the CEO.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree in a business-related course preferably in commerce, accounting, economics or statistics.
• Certification in project management is added advantage.
Relevant Experience and Job Specifications
• At least 4 years of work experience in business performance reporting or project management.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly, MS Word, MS Excel and Ms PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and exceptional presentation skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
• A high degree of professionalism and the ability to maintain confidence and discretion at all times.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Research skills to undertake research and collect data to identify future trends based on past performance.
• Project management hands-on experience of managing projects with success.
• Strong in collaborating, influencing and negotiating with different cadre of employees.
Other Job Requirements:
Internal & External
• All relevant staff
• Vendors and Suppliers
• The Board