• New off-grid solar industry company targeting middle to upper market customer segments with a premium product at competitive prices
• Unique consumer financing model through leading African financial institution has been established and needs to be implemented
• Vision of creating sustainable energy solutions for the Kenyan off grid market
• Longer term to expand to other relevant markets
• Dynamic and action-oriented culture with focus on a few but highly skilled and motivated employees
• Build and lead local team from currently 20 staff to roll-out across Kenya
• Responsible for building and managing relationship with corporate partner
• Ensure compliance and implementation of Board resolutions.
• Ensure prudent financial management
• Enforce a culture of action-oriented sales initiatives and customer focus
• Engagement with various stakeholders
• Develop performance standards together with mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation to ensure effective implementation of the strategic plan and achievement of the performance targets.
• Develop networks and partnerships with stakeholders.
• 7-10 years senior management experience, ideally with a strong B2C element.
• Proven track record in Africa, preferably in Kenya
• Hands-on, with a strong operational mindset – and strong attention to details
• Ability to manage complex multiple tasks simultaneously
• Team player, motivator – has built a team from scratch
• Ability to work on all levels in an organisation
• Able to build relationships with external partners and institutions at senior management level
• Strong entrepreneurial mindset, experience with start-ups a clear advantage
• Competitive package based on qualifications
• Share options over time based on agreed milestones and performance