As the Cluster Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the overall operations and performance of multiple branches of a retail company. Your primary objective will be to drive sales, ensure exceptional customer service, and maximize profitability. You will be responsible for managing a team, implementing strategies, and maintaining a positi
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Each branch has been given a sales target for the monthly, weekly, and daily. To ensure that the branches achieve sales in all respects consistently.
· Maximize sales opportunities in all branches through a continuous assessment of the performance of individual branches in relation to the projected targets.
· Positively contribute to the sales activities within the branch functions by offering various ideas that may be unique to the branch considering its locations, customers etc.
· Support, implement, and monitor all company marketing initiatives. i.e., Online Sales, Corporate Sales, Personalized Messages and Follow-up and other channels.
· Contribute to the implementation of the annual sales, seasonal/promotional sales and marketing strategy.
· To promptly attend to all customer inquiries and concerns, maintaining account files and records. Ensuring all trace calls are completed in a timely fashion with the desired decorum.
· In collaboration with the head of Stock Audit, ensure the audit is undertaken at the required timelines at all times.
· Establish annual & monthly budgets for expenses branch-wise and monitor & take action for any variation.
· Develop activation within the mall setup to expand the customer base at the same time liquidate any non-moving or dead stocks which are in good condition.
· Keep abreast knowledge of economic indicators, changing trends, supply & demand, government policies, and programs, in order to maintain consistency in sales and product mix.
· Ensure the effectiveness of cross-selling / Up-selling by guiding employees.
· Preferably do a SWOT analysis for each branch which is indicators for the current and future trends.
· The advances and returns have to be completed and cleared and no carry forward will be allowed.
· To call all branches on a daily basis to ensure that all activities are carried out, with a special focus to low performing branches;
· To ensure the reports are sent by staff only using office lines and NO personal lines will be allowed.
· To have one dedicated person in the branch or combined, to call customers in the database and update the status; to send personalized messages promoting the company products to customer and to cover all customers within 30 days.
· To plan for festive seasons, 4 months in advance both in terms of sales / branding / support if any required.
· To have abreast knowledge about each branch with full details i.e., customer trend, price ranges, sizes that sells fast from that branch etc.
2. Business Development:
· Besides the branch sales, it is always pertinent to think out of the box to achieve sales above the target. There are potential to increase customer base through B2B and Online sales or any other avenues need to be explored to achieve growth both in volume and customer base.
· Through social media platforms & teams, respond to customers’ comments in a positive manner and take appropriate follow up action; converting negative customer experiences into positive ones should be the key.
· In collaboration with the branches in the region, ensure sales through corporate companies / industries to sell Safety Shoes, Gum boots, Gents shoes, Ladies Shoes and Back to School Shoes and accessories.
· Also focus on Orthopedic products which are not limited to Special Innersole and shoes.
· Participate in any events / galas / functions to promote brand image and do impromptu sales.
· Perception creates reputation, it also builds trust, propel sales, creates reputation, drives key metrics & generates word of mouth – this can be achieved through right branding for the shop, labeling of stocks for easy identification and arranging the display unit instead of overcrowding, etc.
· Customer survey: Random customer survey and feedback will also assist in understanding Customer behavior better.
· Must have suggestion box in all the branches.
· Festive seasons: To plan well in advance to re-arrange or brand the shop well during festive season to give the shop unique feel to customer. For Christmas the branding of shop must be 2 months in advance and for other seasons 2 weeks to 1 month in advance with display theme.
· Space utilization: The cluster manager should know the amount of merchandise that can be placed on each shelf or display.
· Branding in terms of proper display within the shop, TV screens, light and soft music are to be achieved to give prominent shopping feel to the customers.
· All branch should have shop opening hours and closing hours with emergency contact no. at the door.
4. Admin & Operations:
· Each branch has different time schedule for opening and closing hours; this must be followed in all respects. The opening and closing hours along with emergency contact no must be displayed at the door.
· To ensure first aid box with equipment and firefighting systems are equipped and serviced.
· To periodically confirm door, other security measures like fire sprinkler, smoke detector alarm (where placed), access control & other assets in the branch are in order.
· To check & confirm any maintenance requirements like repair work at the shop, lights are in good working condition and update HO accordingly.
· Maintain software and hardware of computer equipment’s;
· To send request for stationery for office requirements 1 month in advance.
· To ensure staff follows the dress code, ethics and core values of the company in their day to day routines.
· To have effective training calendars branch wise.
· Training process is to inculcate knowledge, skills & abilities hence it plays important role in identifying what, when & how to train. The cluster manager should observe keenly the activities of his/her team to understand the gap & chart training program. While the day to day issues or lapses will be shared during the daily briefing, overall progress, growth pattern, achievement vs potential, areas to improve, competitors activities, customer service, communication, product knowledge, inventory management etc. need to be covered in training program which preferably can be once a month.
· Training can be repetitive where progress is still lacking and tailor made.
· Should allow the team member also to participate in terms or role-playing, their experience in handling difficult customers, their observation with the branch and areas to improvement etc. Encourage effective participation and allow fun and laughter.
· Sharing successful stories, ideas, positive feedback to the team should also be encouraged.
· Training on Dress code, voice tone, personal hygiene must be briefed.
· To advise the team that while communicating with customers only with good English or Kiswahili and create good impression with customers and others.
· To identify the requirement for online sales per branch or combined and train them to reach maximum customers per day and do the sales.
· Where required seek HR or Head of Sales inputs to make effective training programme.
· To send calendar for training program and topics, branch wise.
· The objective is to maintain optimum stock at the branch level;
· To allow the stock in charge to focus and perform his role thoroughly as per his JD.
· CM to seek all branches summary report covering the following:
a) Stock reconciliation vs audit report
b) Stock aging report
c) Segment wise stock details;
d) Cycle counts;
e) New stocks vs sales
f) Single delivery vs sales.
· To ensure enough stock of high performing brands/segments.
· To focus and impetus sales of seasonal products as it will also assist in enhancing customer base & brand image.
· To take immediate action on the branch wise stock audit report findings and rectify the discrepancies with clear timeline.
· To transfer the stocks > 6 months old, to warehouse or any other branches after taking HO’s approval.
· Where the display is direct to Sun try to rotate the stocks to avoid damage.
· As you all aware Customer is always right and he is King in any business. Our moto needs to be helping customers to feel more secure and connected with a brand, which in turn can lead to growing customer retention and repeat purchase rate.
· Maintain KYC form (annexure __) and keep communicating offers/new brands etc.
· Create a system of sending greetings on birthdays or any important events to customers;
· Empower your team to fulfil customer needs and deliver a great experience. The team to focus always to go an extra mile to deliver and exceed customer satisfaction.
· Show customers that you appreciate them and elicit feedback through customer surveys at least once in 4 months.
· While we focus to stay ahead in business, it is important to analyze the strength and weaknesses of competitors in comparison to our own to find a gap in the market. It will also enhance our business strategy.
· We must give good shopping experience to customer as in future people will pay less and less on ‘things’ while pay more and more on ‘experience’. Hence train the team always to stay ahead of competition in providing better service and experience to customers.
· Do SWOT analysis on competitors which will help to identify the gaps and niches that you can exploit or avoid.
- Cluster manager to send daily, weekly and monthly reports to the management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field.
- MUST be from Fashion-shoe industry with over 2years experience in driving sales and a proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- At least 2 years in a leadership/ managerial position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in using marketing software and tools.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their Updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com or https://snapstartalent.com/citywalkkenya/positions on or before December 19, 2023. Please include “Cluster Manager " in the subject line.
This is an urgent position, so interviews will be done on a rolling basis.
“City walk company is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.”
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.