Our Client, an exclusive private membership social club located in Nairobi seeks to recruit a Commercial Manager.
Reports to: General Manager
Direct reports: 13
A solid understanding of hospitality is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Take full responsibility for the property's day to day operations, budgets and profitability by effectively planning, leading, organizing and controlling all aspects of strategy, marketing, budgets, finances, standards and maintenance.
• Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the annual Operating Budget, Marketing and Sales plan and Capital budget.
• Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
• Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms and other cost/revenue areas are on target and accurate.
• Prepare a monthly financial report and draw up plans and budget.
• Lead in all aspects of business planning.
• Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
• Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints to initiate corrective action.
• Drive sales for the conference facilities, functions and events.
• Maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development.
Education & Qualification
• Degree educated or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Relevant specialized training e.g. certification in hospitality management, business management.
• 15 years+ experience in the Hospitality industry with at least 5 years as a General Manager.
Skills & Experience
• Proven experience in hospitality operations with problem-solving capabilities.
• Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with a clear track record.
• Outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience in hotel management.
• In depth knowledge of rooms division and pricing strategies.
• In depth knowledge of yield and revenue management.
• Understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
• Working knowledge of legislation applicable to hospitality industry.
• Understanding knowledge of sales and marketing in the hospitality industry.
• Excellent technology skills.
• Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment and ability to keep up with pace of change and prioritize according to business needs.
• Strong communication and influencing skills.
• Role Complexities & Leadership Capabilities
• Working across a range of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Multiple projects running at any one time requiring effective management of time and priorities.
• Requires extensive knowledge of how the hospitality industry works.
• Ability to hold multiple perspectives and show mental agility in approaching problems.
• Service and property standards.
• People development.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number with Commercial Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.