Spark is seeking a Growth Director hungry to grow the organization from $10MM/Year to $50MM/Year organization over the coming years. The Director should have ease in leading a team from across regions, and the professionalism to show up to external donor meetings and get folks more excited to contribute to Spark’s next round. The Growth Director will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and co-CEOs to define and execute key strategic communications goals. They will produce high-quality content that engages our stakeholder community and builds relevant brand recognition as well as oversee Spark’s social media and website presence. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with exceptional writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Minimum Qualification: Unspecified
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Year 1 Goal: Develop a strategy for a successful $100MM philanthropic round and support the
Co-CEO in closing the first base commitments.
- In partnership with the Co-CEO and leadership team, design and implement strategies and tactics to 1) raise a $100M philanthropic round by 2026, 2) steward and increase support from existing institutional supporters, 3) position the organization for big-bet philanthropic opportunities and bring on new institutional supporters.
- Build and strengthen systems and processes for the full cycle of donor prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship, inclusive of consistent tracking of donor data and revenue targets. Tightly manage a calendar of grant deliverables, stewardship touchpoints, and other donor milestones.
- Lead a robust effort to research, qualify, and manage a pipeline of new donor prospects. Perform due diligence, conduct outreach, and design cultivation tactics that reflect an understanding of the prospect’s interests and fit with Spark's mission and vision.
Year 1 Goal: Become fluent in Spark’s revenue sources and pipeline with the ability to speak to it at a high level at a moment's notice.
- Provide support to the Co-CEO in preparing board presentations, reporting on fundraising activity, and engaging board members as strategic thought partners in fundraising.
Management & Leadership:
Year 1 Goal: Build an effective team that is professional and takes ownership of deliverables.
- Serve as the leader of the growth team, managing a team of three or more, driving excellence and achievement of the financial growth of the organization.
- As a member of the senior management team, contribute to guiding overall organizational strategic direction, decision-making, prioritization, and goals.
- Oversee all administrative/operational duties of the department, e.g. budget creation, expense monitoring, and technology systems.
- Manage and support the professional growth of a 3-member team, taking a facilitative and coaching approach to people management and team leadership. Develop and maintain close coordinated relationships across all Spark teams and functions, fostering cross-team collaboration and transparency.
- Operate from a place that centers our mission and values and models a deep respect for all Spark colleagues, partners, and communities.
● A minimum of 5 years of work experience in leadership in the global south, and/or in fundraising and business development for high-impact organizations.
● Excellent with people, with experience in direct management.
● Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Operates with a high level of ownership and care of quality over their deliverables.
● Experience working with Google Workspace, Google Analytics, and Slack; open to learning other digital and web-based platforms.
● Succeeds in a collaborative community environment with a diverse group of colleagues.
● Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
● Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa is mandatory.
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda; Kampala, Uganda; Nairobi, Kenya; Lilongwe, Malawi; Accra, Ghana; East Coast USA; or remote
Start Date: As soon as possible
Probation period: Three months probation period with learning and performance objectives
Application closing Date: TBD
follow the link to apply: https://sparkmicrogrants.bamboohr.com/careers/84
WHY WORK WITH US?
● You will play a critical role in shifting the way global development works, opening opportunities for thousands of villages to drive local change.
● You will be joining a dynamic team that hails from ten countries around the world and is committed to our vision.
● You will have the freedom and autonomy to make your role your own. We want to hear your innovative ideas, your vision for the future, and your critical questions.
● You will join an entrepreneurial organization that is in a growth spurt.
● In addition to salary, Spark offers other benefits, including generous paid time off and family leave, monthly communications, and professional development stipends.
Our safeguarding follows a do-no-harm principle. All Spark staff are expected to respect and uphold the safeguarding procedures and principles to minimize harm to stakeholders, program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Spark Microgrants provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all
individuals. Employment decisions at Spark are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
Spark does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability,
marital status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Spark will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would
result in undue hardship to daily operations.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.