Horticultural Supervisor – Kibwezi
Summit Recruitment & Search
Farming & Agriculture
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing all on-farm activities including all aspects of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting, sorting, packaging, pruning, pest control and record keeping
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Horticultural Supervisor – Kibwezi, Kenya.
Our client, a well-established plantation with operations in Kenya and Tanzania is currently seeking to recruit a Horticultural Supervisor. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing all on-farm activities including all aspects of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting, sorting, packaging, pruning, pest control and record keeping. He/ She must have over five years working experience in a busy agricultural field set up.
• Oversee day to day farm operations, including all aspects of horticulture and general farming.
• Develop and implement practices that ensure optimal returns through maintaining economic and environmental viability.
• Prepare and maintain proper farm records and accounts.
• Monitoring the Safety and Health measures undertaken by the farm, keeping track of the Safety and Health of workers and the staff, maintaining environmental biodiversity, and undertaking environmental protection activities if required.
• Assign duties to staff, such as cultivation, irrigation, harvesting, pruning, packaging, grading and equipment maintenance.
• Post-harvest processing including storage and packaging in preparation for sale.
• Ensure the farm activities comply with the government regulations.
• Ensure disciplinary matters among employees at workstations are handled appropriately and promptly.
• Relevant Degree in Agriculture from a recognized University.
• At least five years working experience in a busy agricultural field set up.
• Experience in Horticultural farming is an added advantage.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Knowledge of Safety and Health matters is necessary.
• Demonstrate knowledge in horticultural farming.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh.70,000- 80,000
Career Level: Mid- Level Management
Education: bachelor’s degree/ Diploma
Deadline: 22nd June 2023
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured