An individual who will make sure that the production procedures in relation to Food Safety Management System (across the entire production line) are followed and all quality standards controls are implemented and running.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Specialist, the Production Coordinator will make sure that the production procedures of Food Safety Management System (across the entire production line) are followed and all quality standards controls are implemented and running.
- To ensure good manufacturing practices during production.
- Implement the daily, weekly, monthly and annual production plans and schedules.
- Ensure hygienic conditions of both the factory & workers are maintained.
- Manage routine implementation of all company procedures in the factory.
- Coordinate with the quality assurance department on processing material movements, sampling, personnel and equipment swabs analysis.
- Implement all Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) requirements in the shift.
- Ensure proper segregation of material on process based on Lots, grades and styles in all steps as required. Ensure all sorted kernels are within the international standard for grading, packing and finalized within 24 hours after cracking.
- Collaborate with the engineering team on repairs and attendance of machines and equipment.
- Manage factory production employees.
- Train operators and sorters in macadamia processing.
- Handle any employee grievances before communicating the grievances to HR.
- Periodically appraise and develop all production employees on macadamia processing.
- Implement Food Safety Management System during the processing
- Make periodical management reports on all macadamia production operations of the factory.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in food science and technology or Food Technology from an accredited institution.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the Food processing industry. (biased to Macadamia production).
- Has been in management for at least 1 year.
- Knowledge in HACCP & G.M.P.
- Commitment to teamwork
- Teach, enhance current processes and develop new operations
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Language: English, Kiswahili
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
3 December 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured