Linguistics/Languages graduate who can write in English and Kiswahili/French
We are looking for a creative, multi-lingual, dedicated writer who can produce well-researched error-free content to join our Content Development team. Your responsibilities include researching, preparing, writing, translating and editing original content for websites within our network, social media platforms, newsletters, videos and other marketing materials.
• Coming up with content goals and strategies and pitching ideas to the Content Lead for approval.
• Collaborating with other departments and team members and brainstorming subjects for creative content.
• Creating unique, simple-to-understand, and user-friendly content using good SEO techniques.
• Writing new landing page content and blog posts.
• Editing and proofreading new content before publication.
• Managing the distribution of content through our various channels, including social media and e-newsletter.
• Creating, writing and managing user documentation for company products.
• Assessing, testing and documenting new and upcoming product features.
• Developing print, electronic and web communication to support company goals and client needs.
• Supporting company publications and information dissemination.
• Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Languages, Journalism, or a related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail, multitasking, and analytical skills.
• Ability to write proficiently in a second language, preferably Kiswahili, French or any other nationally recognised African language eg. Kinyarwanda, Luganda, Fon etc
• Digital communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of content management software a plus.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.