Budget: 50 plus commission
• An online store manager is responsible for everything that goes on in the store’s website. This includes the posting/displaying of the goods, making sure that all links are working, updating the database, and of course, customer service.
• To make sure that the online store continuously runs smoothly, the online store manager must always respond to emails as well as answer phone messages from clients within 24 hours or less.
• The online store manager also keeps in touch with Logistics Company for on time deliveries, as well as stores for stocks availability checks .It is also her/his job to keep a database of the inventory and adjust displays as availability of stocks.
• She/he will also be responsible for posting of special offers, recipes and related adverts.
• She/he must always know what products need to be replenished or changed. She makes a schedule for the cut-off of the order filling and payment for the day to ensure the buyer receives the packages in a timely manner.
• The online store manager is also in charge of the promotion of the site. She/he is responsible for the sales as well. Therefore, she/he needs to think of ways to attract more customers like free shipping, or buy 2, get 1 free deals.
• Must be familiar with SEO or search engine optimization skills, she/he can use this to promote the online store as well. Also should know how to do promotional activities on social Media (Paid/Free)
• Education and Training Requirements: An online store manager does not necessarily have to have a bachelor’s degree, but must at least be skilled in the computer as well as the internet and SEO. Additional business management skills is an advantage
• Experience: Min 3 years’ experience at the supervisor or managerial level in the same busy environment such as Jumia . Able to make daily report and should be self-starter
• Working Conditions: Able to work in office (Full time) and after office hours (home) if required