We're hiring for a highly organized and detail-oriented Operations and Administrative Associate to join our team. This role will play a crucial part in ensuring the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations across various functions, with a focus on HR, Finance, Admin, and Culture.
- Minimum Qualification: Masters
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
At Tana, we believe that your skills and your character define you – not where in the world you were born. We empower brilliant young Africans to start meaningful careers by training them for tech and data roles and connecting them to full-time, remote positions with global teams across North America and Europe. We’re a rapidly growing early-stage start-up headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with a vision to change the world of work.
- HR: Oversee the end-to-end employee onboarding process, including contract management, background checks, and orientation; track and monitor employee leaves, and manage employee benefits.
- Finance: Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing, handle ad-hoc business payments as required, and provide support in monthly bookkeeping, expense tracking, and financial reporting.
- Admin: Provide administrative support to founders, promptly address equipment and internet connectivity issues for employees, implement and enforce infosec procedures, and manage any on-the-ground ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- Culture: Coordinate and execute various initiatives, including planning and organizing social events, celebrating birthdays, work anniversaries, and other milestones, actively contributing to fostering a positive and engaging company culture.
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative or start-up operations role.
- Proven ability to think critically, anticipate challenges, and identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Exceptional organizational abilities, attention to detail, and the capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously – and ask for help when needed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Proactive mindset with the ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Eagerness to learn while doing, take ownership, and bring your ideas to the table.
- This is a hybrid position based in Nairobi, Kenya.
How to apply
- Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to getting to know you!
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.