• Providing all secretarial, logistic, administrative or executive support tasks that are highly confidential and sensitive.
• Coordinating office management activities for the Chief Executive Officer.
• Researching, compiling, assimilating, preparing and maintaining confidential information and sensitive documents, and brief the Chief Executive Officer tor regarding content.
• Reading and screening incoming correspondence and reports and forward appropriate materials to the Chief Executive Officer and Heads of Department for advice and action.
• Receiving and screening incoming calls and visitors and alerting the Chief Executive Officer on a need basis.
• Making referrals to appropriate staff or provide requested information, including the Chief Executive Officer’s stated position on routine issues.
• Acting as liaison between the Chief Executive Officer, Governing Council, and Heads of Department, by transmitting directives, instructions and assignments and following up on the status of assignments.
• Identifying, anticipating and preparing information requirements for the Chief Executive Officer for meetings, appointments, presentations among others and follow up inward and outwards requests for information, outstanding reports, and correspondence.
• Preparing draft agenda, coordinating meeting attendance and collect materials for meetings, speeches, and conferences; taking minutes and keeping records of proceedings.
• Reviewing, proofreading, and editing documents prepared for the Chief Executive Officer’s signature.
• Coordinate and facilitate a seamless and orderly day-to-day operation and execution of the Chief Executive Officer r’s calendar through arranging appointments, meetings, conferences and appropriate meeting rooms.
• Assist with preparation of the office budget, especially in regard to equipment and supply needs.
• Assist with the establishment, revision and maintenance of office procedures and policies.
• Participating in and /or coordinate committees or task forces.
• Establishing and maintain various filing and records management systems in relation to the Chief Executive Officer’s office.
• Making travel arrangements; preparing itineraries and maintain travel vouchers and records for the Chief Executive Officer and Governing Council.
Minimum job requirements:
For appointment to this position one must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
• Secretarial studies will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in Ms Word, Ms excel and power point.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, Public relations, Customer care and Problem solving skills.
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.