REPORTS TO: General Manager
The Security Manager is responsible for the provision of a safe and secure environment for hotel customers and associated by directing and supervising the maintenance of sound security methods and managing the day-to-day security operations
He/She also controls the overall performance of Security staff to ensure adequate Monitoring & Controlling of Security Operations, supervision and surveillance in accordance with all Security aspects.
1. Manages and oversees the security, fire safety of the Serviced Residence Property, its tenants, visitors, employees, contractors and assets.
2. Implements and administers security, loss control, key control, fire safety and safety procedures in conjunction with the General Manager.
3. Evaluates and recommends to the General Manager improvement of security and fire safety procedures in the various departments, particularly with regards to the storage, key control, storage and handling of flammable and inflammable materials.
4. Develops in writing procedures for handling any emergency that would require partial or complete evacuation of the hotel such as fire, armed robbery, severe injuries, power failure or bomb threats
5. Conducts investigations into matters relating to fire, accidents, physical injury, damage, threat, vehicle accident, disruption where theft / fraud / loss / injury/ damage has occurred, suspected to have occurred or is likely to occur.
6. Gathers and collects intelligence information concerning the security and safety of the Serviced Residence Property.
7. Liaises regularly with the various Department Heads- regarding the safety, security, efficiency and harmonious operations of the Serviced Apartments, in conjunction with the function of the Security Department.
8. Gathers, collates information and recommends security, fire safety equipment, CCTV and carefully monitors any installation of such equipment.
9. Liaises with Human Resource department to educate all staff in security/ fire safety procedures.
10. Maintains good relations with Police/Military and related authorities.
11. Assists any customer or potential customer in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and helpful manner at all times.
12. To perform the role of Manger on Duty as assigned.
13. Performs any other duties as required by the Management.
“O” or “A” levels equivalent / a certification course in Criminology/Public Administration/ Crisis and Disaster Management.
Honest, Sincere, Self-disciplined, Proactive, Tactful, Reliable, Cooperative, Able to work under pressure.
Can independently or with minimal supervision.
A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a similar capacity.
Conversant with Laws pertaining to Criminal/ Civil Code and Labor Law. Skilled in surveillance, analyzing information and preparing reports. Has good written and verbal communication in the English language.
Honest, self-disciplined, proactive, reliable and able to work under pressure and independently, with minimal supervision.