Our client providing health insurance services around the world seeks to hire a Senior Business Development Manager.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Location: Nairobi, Kenya/Africa
Reporting: To Director of Business Development
Language: French/ Portuguese working proficiency
Purpose of the job/key objective
As a member of our Business Development team, you will develop, implement and manage the strategy to grow our international portfolio profitably and achieve significant market share. This is both a challenging and exciting opportunity that requires you to develop a detailed understanding of every aspect of the local and international business and work with all our departments. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Business Development – Africa and will be responsible for establishing and managing a distribution network of brokers/consultants and strategic partners to ensure profitable growth.
• Generate and follow up new business leads to meet Business Development and profitability targets in line with overall strategy;
• Develop a proactive strategy, with regular reviews, maximizing specific business opportunities as they arise;
• Assess prospective clients’ existing insurance arrangements to identify and develop new business opportunities;
• Build up and maintain a distribution network of brokers/consultants and strategic partners;
• Act as an adviser to prospective clients, brokers/consultants, and strategic partners on all aspects of their (clients’) insurance requirements;
• Keep abreast of all developments in the market both client and competitor-related, contributing to new product development/business initiatives accordingly;
• Liaise with other company offices to develop opportunities;
• Liaise with internal departments in line with established procedures to generate growth opportunities whilst maintaining a high level of service;
• Participate in key projects as may be required
• Accurate database management of prospective clients and opportunities by means of CRM software (SFDC).
Business Development Management Skills
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Business Development in the insurance or healthcare sector
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in either French/Portuguese a must.
• Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise fashion.
• Ability to research, prepare and deliver client presentations in a range of formats and settings.
• Effective relationship builder
• Integrity, honesty, and a demonstrated capacity to take, stand and defend own position.
• Excellent time management and project management skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Experience in MS Office Suite
• Fast thinker/problem solver with the ability to work in fast-paced environments
• Team player, able to partner and collaborate with a large number of organizations and functions at all levels
• Attention to detail
• Business Development experience in the health insurance market, preferably with international exposure.
• Experience in corporate Employee Benefits (group healthcare insurance) is essential.
• Ability to work independently to achieve ambitious new business targets
• Numeracy and ability to analyze statistical information
• High-level consultative Business Development/Negotiation/Influencing
• Highly Self-motivated, effective goal setting
• Regulatory awareness
All Senior Business Development Managers (in addition to the above):
• Knowledge of processes, procedures, and systems
• Excellent business/product knowledge
• Coaching skills
• Organisational skills
• Influencing skills
• Supervisory skills
• Leadership and management skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured