Experienced water utility/scheme manager with proven management and business skills
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Maji Milele Ltd is a Dutch owned company that started operating in Kenya in June 2014. Maji Milele is a fast-growing company that is specialized in Prepaid Water Metering solutions, both for individual connections as well as for communal water points. We also run several water schemes and expect to take over more water schemes within the year. We currently look for an experienced water utility/scheme manager who has proven capacity in managing water utilities/schemes.
You will oversee and manage one or more water schemes in Siaya county. In this position you will have to manage the commercial aspects, the HRM aspects as well as to supervise the technical performance and service delivery to the clients. Initially there will also be a lot of work in terms of supervision of work by contractors. You may further incidentally be asked to be engage in technical work itself, including installation of various types of prepaid water meters in Siaya, but also outside the Siaya project and possibly also outside of Kenya.
Required education, experience, skills and capacities:
• Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Water Engineering or related course. In case you have a bachelor Management with proven experience in managing water schemes, we also consider you. The same applies if you have a diploma in water engineering.
• You are preferably below 35 years, however application is open for all.
• At least 3 years’ proven experience in a management position of (rural) water utilities/schemes.
• Excellent reporting skills, written communication, report writing, templates development & management
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills especially in Excel
• Experience with supervision of work by contractors.
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills & staff management skills
• Business and commercial skills
• Specific experience in NRW reduction is considered as an important asset
• Hands on mentality
• Enough energy to travel, to do field work while not forgetting about office responsibilities.
• Willing to live in Siaya county
• Driving license
• Available on short notice. Preferably latest per 1st March 2024.
The successful candidate should be willing to start with a salary of Ksh. 35,000-50,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants can send an application letter and updated via Brighter Monday. Please include the grading for your academic qualifications. Send application latest 28th of January.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.