REPORTING TO: Senior Maintenance Officer
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya.
Overall Objective of the Job
Under the Supervision of the Senior Maintenance Officer, oversee all workshop repairs ensuring Costs and Waste minimization and safety standards to achieve the required Overall Equipment Efficiency and plant productivity.
• Prepare and schedule Monthly & weekly job scheduling for the workshop staff.
• Schedule and allocate duties appropriately with priority on the very urgent and important repairs to drive equipment availability.
• Designing and making of new moulds and equipment parts.
• Ensure timely repairs and maintenance of faulty moulds and equipment.
• Ensure timely repairs and refurbishment of identified machines and equipment.
• Oversee the welding and fabrication of the plant equipment when necessary.
• Ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources such as spare parts, staff and workshop tools for cost optimization.
• Set performance targets for the workshop team, monitor and submit daily, weekly and monthly performance reports.
• Conduct induction training for new staff.
• Identify training needs, facilitate necessary trainings and ensure employee skills progression through multiskilling.
• Promote healthy employee relations, and deal with any disciplinary issues arising in conjunction with the HR Department.
• Enforce Company procedures on the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPEs).
• Monitor and coordinate the implementation of TSW, 5s and GEMBA (Housekeeping).
• Make timely requisitions for the necessary Workshop tools, accessories and spare parts.
• Record all workshop repair work orders, observations and findings during the repair process.
• Investigate, identify and implement necessary corrective measures for any minor or critical safety incidences.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Diploma in mechanical Engineering or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution of higher learning.
• Membership to a relevant professional body
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity in a busy manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Quality management process.
• Good working knowledge and understanding of Kaizen, GMP and factory processes & technology.
• Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to effectively utilize the allocated resources in a cost effective way.
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload with a focus on urgent and important.
• Ability to direct and motivate the team.
• Ability to manage teams - performance and discipline
• Capable of making fast and sound decisions.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Confident and bold to communicate and make critical decisions.
• Excellent management and leadership skills.