Reporting to the Field Coordinator, the Area Finance & Admin Assistant (AFAA) will maintain efficient financial and administrative systems and procedures as well as control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations of Western Community Childrenâs Program (WCCP-Kisumu) in compliance with ChildFund policies and procedures. The incumbent will manage the day-to-day financial and administrative resources of the office; conducts regular checks of the internal controls, support end month accounts closure processes, proposes the administrative budgets of the office, ensuring that disbursements are in accordance with the administrative budget and ChildFund financial Policies and Procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day financial and administrative tasks.
- Settle amounts due and/or recover outstanding receivables for the program.
- Ensure that expenses are properly coded as per prescribed costing structure.
- Monitor the program budget and ensure expenditures incurred are within budget.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and share with management.
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities for staff in finance related areas.
- Undertake field visit in program locations to review administrative and financial arrangements and make appropriate recommendations as required.
- Handle any other organizationâs duty as may be directed by the Supervisor.
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of CPA II
- Computer literate â Word processing, spreadsheets, internet.
- Practical experience in the use of an accounting software. Knowledge in QuickBooks accounting package will be an added advantage.
- At least one year of experience performing tasks in finance and administration.
- Good organization and time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Must have very good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a person of very high integrity.
- Experience developing and/or maintaining budget tracking tools.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.