The job holder is responsible for;
- Co-ordination and supervision of development teams
- Building software to help operations and support teams. This entails proactively building and implementing services, including end to end monitoring, scripting and automation, modern tooling and maintenance software
- Providing software-related operations support, including managing level two and level three incident and problem management
- Development or enhancements of new systems as per the Requests for Change(RFC’s) and in line with procedures and standards
- Leads development team in hand-on application development work
- Creating prototypes, designing and building modules and solutions in an iterative agile cycle, develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome
- Estimating user and technical stories, designing and developing code, writing and executing unit and integration tests, and supporting testing of deliverables against user and technical story acceptance tests
- Performing peer reviews, collaborating with architects and other developers to produce “just enough” design, and ensuring that enough technical documentation and training is provided for reference and operational support
- Developing and executing automation scripts and maintenance jobs
- Conducting peer reviews and maintaining coding standards
- Managing incidents as level two and level three support
- Managing problems as level two and level three support
- Estimating user and technical stories to help inform and prioritize backlog
- Designing modules according to user stories, UX/UI designs, and technical stories
- Developing solutions according to module designs and deploy using delivery pipeline
- Developing and execute unit and integration tests; support testing against user and technical story acceptance tests
- Reviewing design and architecture to guarantee service availability, performance and resilience
- Reviews application development tasks allocated to staff to ensure that they are accomplished within the set requirements and that they meet highest standards of quality.
- Ensures that solutions which have been build and are ready for release have the requisite documentation (User manuals, technical manuals, deployment plans, roll back plans) before they are packaged for submission.
- Reviews Change requests for completeness/clarity and liaises with stakeholders to address identified inadequacies
- Plans for system demonstrations (demos) for new solutions/enhancements developed, by coordinating with the relevant functions
- Reviews Quality Assurance(QA) test results, and ensure issues arising from QA are addressed by the developer
- Reviews unit and modular based test results and maintains the documentation
- Reviews Application development coding standards and seeks the requisite approvals
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- Systems Development i.e. Java Programming, Python, Web Design and Development, Oracle Developer etc.
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix.
Technical Skills Required:
The Job holder must have:
- Proven skills in database management tools
- Proficiency in Java programming language and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of structured programming and database design concepts
- Expert knowledge of web based technologies (HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internet and messaging protocols i.e. HTTP, FTP, SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge of web development tools (Dreamweaver, Microsoft.NET, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows operating system platforms
- Working experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge of system design and modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of systems design and modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, TraceCloud, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of the following tools: process modelling (MS Visio, etc.), Project Management i.e. MS Project and Presentation i.e. MS PowerPoint
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Proven experience in design, development and implementation of enterprise business systems.
- Proven experience in integration of business systems in a similar large organization.
- At least for (4) years’ post qualification experience which includes one (1) year in a supervisory position in a large enterprise organization.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in programming and /or systems analysis applying agile frameworks
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours within constraints.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Have Change management skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)