Department Corporate Support Services
Division Information and Communication Technology
Location /Work Station Nairobi, Times Tower
The job holder is responsible for;
- Providing effective and adequate technical support to operational systems by addressing system problems and user requests.
- Providing continual improvements to existing business systems and supporting systems by ensuring that solutions designed to address business needs meet the required quality standards.
- Maintaining operational readiness of business systems through supervision and coordination of technical systems support teams
- Reviews the Software Change Requests (SCRs) for systems changes/enhancements to ensure that they have adequately addressed the requested changes and identifies areas of improvement before approving for implementation.
- Monitors and maintains operational readiness of business systems by enforcing standards set to address identified system issues.
- Identifies areas of potential systems and process improvements, assesses them for both technical and business suitability and advises stakeholders appropriately.
- Reviews systems technical requirements specifications to ensure that they are well articulated and properly documented before seeking automation approvals of business processes
- Vets systems technical requirements specifications and System Use Cases (SUCs) for completeness, relevance, viability and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Recommends risk-mitigating measures and ensures that they are addressed as part of systems maintenance initiatives.
- Vets escalated incidents and problems affecting business systems to ascertain validity and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Monitors allocated tasks to ensure that escalated problems are resolved within set timelines and standards and leads in resolving complex issues
- Supervises the System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Evaluates systems performance parameters, identifies areas of improvement, Implements system improvements and advises stakeholders
- Implements the Service Level agreements for IT services of the unit.
- Monitors performance of business systems architecture components, evaluates their effectiveness and advises the manager on areas requiring review/improvement
- Develops the unit’s Annual Work Plan and draft budget and coordinates their implementation;
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports for the unit;
- Ensures that the unit meetings are held as stipulated in management guidelines;
- Develops, mentors and coaches staff in the unit;
- Conducts performance management in the unit;
- Coordinates implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Ensure compliance to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in any other field with a Postgraduate qualification in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering or any other IT related field.
- Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
- Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix.
- Proven skills in database management tools
- Proficiency in Java programming language and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of structured programming and database design concepts
- Expert knowledge of web based technologies (HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internet and messaging protocols i.e. HTTP, FTP, SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge of web development tools (Dreamweaver, Microsoft.NET, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows operating system platforms
- Working experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge of system design and modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of systems design and modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, TraceCloud, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of the following tools: process modelling (MS Visio, etc.), Project Management i.e. MS Project and Presentation i.e. MS PowerPoint
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Proven experience in implementation, Integration and providing support to large enterprise business systems in a similar organization.
- Proven experience in integration of business systems in a similar large organization.
- At least four (4) years’ post qualification experience which includes one (1) years’ experience in a senior management position in a large organization
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have strong abilities to conduct research-affecting business and propose suitable solutions/products.
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours within constraints.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Have Change management skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 2nd December 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)