LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that is renowned for its implementation of health programs at scale in Kenya. Through its vision of healthy empowered societies, the organization works closely with government at national and county levels to strengthen systems at facility and community level to facilitate delivery of health services reaching the most vulnerable populations.
LVCT health seeks to fill in the following key position for an anticipated USAID/Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) bids for HIV, OVC, DREAMS and RMNCAH. The program aims to support the Government of Kenya (GOK) at national and county level in its HIV and AIDS in Kenya.
The positions are subject to USAID award of the grant.
POSITION: CHIEF OF PARTY COP/LVCT/07/2020
REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
LOCATION: NAIROBI, COAST, EASTERN AND WESTERN REGION – please indicate preferred location
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Overall project strategy leadership and management oversight, operations and supervision of project implementation and ensure the project meets goals and reporting requirements.
• Provide technical direction aligned to the USAID and National HIV and AIDS in Kenya priorities. • Ensures an integrated vision among different stakeholders and a focus on achieving the results defined in the project
• Supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
• Take a leadership role in coordination on HIV and AIDS in Kenya related issues among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners, establishing and maintaining partnerships that ensure the success of the project.
• Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID • Identifies issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments
• Interact with numerous GOK institutions and senior-level county and sub county-level government officials, political and diplomatic acumen required
• Ensures that the project progresses in accordance with its contractual obligations and is compliant with donor regulations and internal organizational policies.
• Acts as the primary project contact person and liaison, ensuring the project is represented in national technical, policy, and planning forums with the donors, government and key stakeholders
Required Skills & Qualifications
o At least a Master’s Degree in Public health, social services, management, business administration or related field.
o At least ten (10) years’ experience in managing complex public health programs or programs of similar scope and size.
o At least ten years of demonstrated technical experience as senior staff in at least two of the following areas TB, HIV, health systems strengthening; M&E; and operations research. Experience in senior positions in HIV and AIDS in Kenya will be an added advantage.
o At least seven years’ experience in development, managing, overseeing or evaluating public health programs in Africa of similar size and complexity.
o At least seven years’ experience in program management and administration, financial management, award contractual compliance, sub award management and tracking project performance and costs via specific funding streams.
o Professional-level proficiency/fluency in both oral and written English languages.
o Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, create synergies and work effectively with USAID, government representatives, NGOs, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders,
o Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, as well as written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description
o Demonstrated knowledge of USAID administrative, project management and reporting procedures and systems along with strategic program planning, including USAID rules, regulations, budgeting expertise and reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Executive Management:
• Collaboration - ability to develop networks, build alliances, and collaborate across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
• Creativity/innovation - ability to develop new insights into situations, question conventional approaches, encourage new ideas and innovations, and design and implement new or cutting edge programs/processes.
• Influencing/negotiating - ability to persuade others, build consensus through give and take, and gain cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
• Managing people - ability to build and manage workforce based on organization goals, budget, considerations, and staff needs.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . The position applied for and reference number and desired location should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is August 31, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted .
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization
LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process