Our client, an International NGO focusing on sexual reproduction is looking for a Data Analyst Intern to be based Nairobi.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
The successful Intern will ensure rigor in data collection and analysis, actively engage with research opportunities that further programmatic and operational decision-making and must have a keen eye for detail. S/he will also support the research, monitoring and evaluation roles across the organisations service delivery channels and donor projects, and is expected to provide timely and high-quality data analysis and reports.
• Support in routine data analysis and interpretation and promote and support the regular use of data for program improvement.
• Conduct routine data validation verification, and reconciliation of MIS data (CLIC, Tracpoint, EHR).
• Support management information systems (MIS) end users to utilize and make the most of the MIS solutions provided to them.
• Support to develop innovative approaches and technologies on data collection for more effective management, including the elimination of paperwork and thus reduce the time allocated for data collection.
• Improving the use of data in MIS by mobile teams and centres with refresher training and remote assistance.
• Contribute to the development of reports and analyses for monthly and quarterly project performance dashboards for all projects.
• Support programme learning and use of evidence through presentations, dissemination of learnings and case studies.
• Support application for ethical review of proposed research projects to local IRBs, and MSI Ethics Review Committee (ERC), as needed.
• Consolidate the DQA report and give an update of how each service performance channel is performing.
• Support in analysis client feedback data and giving feedback to the Operations teams.
• Diploma or bachelor’s degree in science, public health, statistics, economics, mathematics, social science or related disciplines.
• Experience of quantitative data analysis and report writing.
• Experience with data management. Knowledge of Stata, SPSS, SAS, R, KoBo Collect, Epi Data, Epi Info or any statistical package is preferred.
• High-level written and verbal communication skills.
• Should be organized, accurate and detail oriented.
• Should be flexible and able to respond to change.
• Experiences in developing digital data collection tools.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 30,000
Career Level: Entry Level
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 7th October2022
We endeavor to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured