Our client is a venture-backed technology company on a mission to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. Across Nigeria and Kenya, thousands of restaurants use their platform to access inventory and financial services.
About the role
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. The position will also double up as the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Candidates based in Kenya/Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
● Develop new user-facing features across mobile VAS (SMS, USSD, Whatsapp), web, and mobile web apps
● Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that the company’s applications render well across multiple devices
● Build reusable code and libraries for future use
● Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
● Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
● Assure that all user input is validated
● Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
● Design a framework for creating user apps that grow with the needs of the company
● Review app and feature coding and plan future upgrades with the development team
● Assist in the development of applications and features that will be put on the apps and in internal functions as well
● Follow emerging technologies and adapting them to the current technology stack
● 5 + years of software development experience
● Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
● Ability to write, and an appreciation for the importance of, semantic, well-structured code.
● Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS, SASS, and SCSS.
● Experience building production mobile VAS (SMS, USSD, Whatsapp), web, and mobile web apps.
● Strong aesthetic sensibilities.
● Remote working
● A passionate, inspirational, and aspirational team→ Teamwork is in our core values
● Grow yourself, learning is a habit. We empower people and we want you to grow with us. Tell us the areas you wish to improve in and if it makes sense for the business, we'll do what we can to help you do just that
● Flexible work hours - Pretty ﬂexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It's about delivery!
● Opportunity to travel to interact with the product and our multi-cultural team