Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
RIANA Group is a leading integrated business solutions provider that commenced its operations in Kenya in 2014. The organization delivers high-end technological solutions for world-class businesses.
The group has multiple business interests across domains like business technology, electronic security systems and outdoor advertising. The Group has a vast presence in Kenya and a proven track record of delivering a diverse range of services to businesses across domains by leveraging synergies across group companies.
Riana Group offers solutions for Electronic Security Systems, Queue Management Systems, Visitor Management System, Time & Attendance System, and more.
More info can be found on www.riana.co
Reporting to the chief accountant, the overall purpose of this role is to manage the logistics and imports & exports of the company on a daily basis.
• Obtain quotes and coordinate with the logistics companies for the timely arrival of the cargo at the best possible rates.
• Prepare all the necessary documents including but not limited to IDF, COC, invoice among others prior to the arrival of shipment for seamless clearing upon arrival.
• Visit the airport to fast tracking the clearing of shipments as and when required
• Coordinate and communicate with KRA / customs department to clear any ambiguity with the shipment
• Undertake the clearing process in conjunction with the clearing agent and ensure timely delivery of the cargo
• Ensure the goods are cleared in the quickest possible time
• Verify and the goods upon arrival and match them with the packing list and invoice.
• Provide landed cost / final cost once the goods have been delivered on site / at the store.
• Update the status of the good in transit on daily basis to the back-office team
• Coordinate transport and logistics of the company for local shipments and cargo
• Provide costings of newly imported items as when requested by the sales team
• Ensure proper filing of all the import and export documents
• Play an active part in the stores and inventory management
• Assist in issuance of material to sites
• Proven work experience as an imports clerk with minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role.
• Candidate should be conversant with Kentrade and Simba system.
• Candidate should have through knowledge about the imports and export formalities and procedures
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word)
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
• Excellent organizational skills
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
• Customer service attitude
• Degree in clearing and forwarding will be an added advantage