About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Corporate Operations team is a department within the People Division tasked with making One Acre Fund an exceptional workplace for all employees and visitors. As the Transport Coordinator, you will ensure all transport services are provided and track and report all related data.
- Coordinate and implement all activities in the Moto Program to purchase and distribute motorbikes to interested staff.
- Lead the transport team. Develop a performance culture through mentorship and professional development.
- Design and manage new projects to improve service delivery to internal clients.
- Collect, track and report all the relevant data for the transport team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of work experience.
- 1+ years of demonstrated team management experience
- Success in creating detailed project plans and implementing complex projects to success.
- Proficiency with maintaining complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience in fleet management
- Enthusiasm for learning, feedback, and continuous improvement.
- A high degree of ownership and the ability to propel improvements.
- Comfort building relationships across diverse groups of people.
- Educational background; minimum diploma in any business-related
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Job LocationJob Location
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
30 December 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.