Logistics Officer (Corridor Management), LFT P3, Regional Bureau of Nairobi (RBN) at World Food Prog
Supply Chain & Procurement
Knowledge and experience in humanitarian logistics/supply chain operations and processes and related coordination.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
- To oversee and support the regional corridor operations related to food and non-food-items, to provide strategic and operational guidance for their optimization and sustainability, to liaise with other functions and offices for intra-regional operations and initiatives. The Logistics Officer will operate under the direct supervision of the Logistics Augmentation team lead and will be accountable for the following:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the regional corridor internal service management activities, including corridor operations planning, corridor operations staffing structure, advanced analytics, corridor budgeting, service costing, funds management, corridor operations monitor and evaluation, risk management and oversight.
- Establish effective and regular communication with Head of SC / Head of Logistics and HQ Logistics functions to streamline corridor operations and timely identify and resolve operational issues.
- Design and validate the corridor staffing structure levels based on operational contexts, transactional volumes, operational conditions, corridor complexity, and capacity surge needs.
- Review and updates corridor end-to-end operations evaluations framework at managerial and operational level for RB and COs, including upstream and downstream supply chains.
- Elaborate complex supply chain / logistics operational analysis to facilitate the decision making and reporting at global, regional, and country office levels.
- Create corridor and country office analytics and KPIs supporting the definition supply chain decarbonizing strategy and its implementation monitoring, as well as the analysis of the economic impact of logistics operations in the region at aggregated and country levels.
- Create costing models for internal and external service provision for food and NFIs.
- Define digitalization requirements and roadmap for corridor management and discuss for validation with the corridor stakeholders.
ADDITIONAL KEY ACCOUNTABILTIES
- Lead the regional annual service demand exercise for each regional corridor and service provider CO.
- Supervise and coordinate the annual corridor budget preparation in collaboration with the service provider COs and submit it to the service recipients for discussion and approval.
- Ensure high quality half-year and year-end operations reports and presentations for submission to the Corridor Management Committee are timely issued.
- Ensure corridor infrastructures are effectively and efficiently used and staffing is aligned to the operational needs in terms of skills and quantity.
- Coordinate the corridor stakeholders in operational decision making related to prepositioning of GCMF cargoes, identification of most cost-effective corridors for the delivery of cargoes.
- Lead the periodic coordination call with all involved stakeholders in the region and HQ to ensure a smooth delivery of commodities to the complex operations by identifying potential bottlenecks and related resolution.
- Guide and support country offices in corridor management implementation with surge support when needed.
ADDITIONAL KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure that the business processes (including related organizational information) and RACI supporting the corridor service are performed consistently and in line with the WFP corporate standards.
- Led the constant optimization of corridor operations and related supporting solutions and systems.
- Perform the quantitative and qualitative in-depth analyses and assessment of corridor operations vs benchmarks (KPI management).
- Maintain constructive and positive relationships with staff at all levels to ensure a successful implementation of the corridor management.
- Any other needed accountabilities discussed with the supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Advanced university degree in supply chain, logistics, or university degree with experience and advance course / training in one or more of the following disciplines: supply chain, information management, statics, economics, or any other related field.
- Experience: Minimum of at least 5 years’ of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in supply chain operations, logistics, business solutions, data analysis models and systems, service organization and planning, or any other related fields.
- Proved knowledge of supply chain, operations, business processes, data analysis and modelling.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in humanitarian logistics/supply chain operations and processes and related coordination.
- Proved experience in the design, development and optimization of logistics networks and processes.
- Proved knowledge and experience in the definition of complex statistical analyses and models, in carrying out research and learning on own initiative.
- Proved experience in business requirement formulation for optimizing and/or digitalizing operations, systems, and solutions.
- Proved experience in logistics data management and processing by using corporate supply chain information/execution systems, to produce ad hoc business views and in using visualization tools
- Capacity to act upon problems (problem solving and judgement skills).
- Project portfolio management skills to manage and report on workstream status and progress: pro-active prioritizing, planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring, reporting, and communication.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured