ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness throughout the facility. Overseeing all incident reporting and root cause analysis.
• Reviews bills of lading for incoming merchandise and customer orders in order to plan work activities
• Assigns employees to specific duties, such as verifying amounts of and storing incoming products and assembling customer orders for delivery.
• Establishes operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and maintenance of warehouse inventory.
• Coordinates activities of warehouse with activities of sales, customer service and production departments to ensure availability of product.
• Maintains accurate inventory counts and location status of inventory.
• Prepares, understands and is able to explain all operational metrics including budget.
• Assures that all safety training and policies are followed and enforced.
• Closely tracks efforts to confirm work is performed according to standards; checks progress, evaluates accuracy, discovers deviations and identifies solutions.
• Leads and influences the team's best work by serving as an escalation point, solving routine problems, preventing conflicts, and giving direct feedback.
• Provides instruction and guidance to ensure full understanding of designated activities.