Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to
work with children. We also provide equal employment to all
participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Activity Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead technical direction and strategy development for implementation of RAMS and ensure an integrated vision across components and partners.
- Ensure overall quality and cost effectiveness, and establish and maintain robust and adaptive knowledge management and M&E systems.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for communications with USAID counterparts.
- Ensure effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and deliverables, and overall compliance with USAID regulations and Palladium policies and procedures.
- Work with staff to recruit, hire and manage staff and consultants as needed to carry out activities.
- Work in partnership with Home Office Project Director, engaging in frequent, routine communication so that the home office is aware of both progress and potential issues, and solicit assistance and input as needed to ensure that performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements.
- Manage subcontractors, both international and local, to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements.
- Serve as the key liaison between USAID, host-country counterparts, project partners, and Palladium.
- Support implementation of Palladium's security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues. Address local staffing and personnel issues related to security.
The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience in developing countries, and the ability to ensure coherence and consistency while under urgent deadlines. The minimum qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economic policy, international trade, or related field. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Ten years of relevant professional experience, managing donor projects at the senior level.
- Seven years of experience working on agriculture-related projects within the East African context.
- Thorough understanding of USAID policies and procedures from a compliance perspective, including knowledge of financial, operations, and monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with intergovernmental, private sector, and governmental representatives, particularly at the regional level.
- Strong Preference for Kenyan and East African citizens.