Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Associate - Africa at Internews Network
Consulting & Strategy
Relevant university degree in social sciences field, preferably with a focus on monitoring and evaluation and research studies (BA required at minimum).
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Support the drafting of M&E plans for Internews Europe in the Africa region, which includes drafting log frames in close collaboration with the project team and using donor and Internews indicators at proposal stage.
- Support implementation of the M&E plans in collaboration with the SPO – Africa, Project Directors and local M&E staff, conducting regular checkups and data quality assessments, and ensuring the roll out of Internews M&E methodologies as delegated by the supervisor. In some cases, travel to project countries may be necessary.
- Adapt existing data collection tools or develop new ones as necessary and train project M&E staff on how to use them, and where necessary support in conducting data analysis.
- Ensure project M&E data is regularly uploaded into Internews programs database (Salesforce) as well as donor platforms as required.
- Ensure all sub-awards include well-designed monitoring and evaluation plans which utilize realistic and relevant indicators and targets (including gender and inclusiveness).
- Manage the routine and systematic collection of both quantitative and qualitative data from all sub-grantees in accordance with their grant agreements. If needed, provide training and mentoring to the sub-grantees to better understand indicators and data collection and reporting processes.
- Support in the review of mandatory reports (e.g. quarterly and annual reports) as directed by the supervisor – this includes reviewing, editing, sometimes rewriting activity reports to highlight outputs, results and impacts.
- Work with program staff to develop program-based success stories/impact stories.
- Contribute to shaping and delivering a wider global strategy to innovate and expand MERL efforts at Internews and communicate Internews’ impact to internal and external audiences as needed.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by Internews management including communication and grant management tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent English and French language skills required.
- Excellent writing skills in English and French.
- Relevant university degree in social sciences field, preferably with a focus on monitoring and evaluation and research studies (BA required at minimum).
- A minimum of 3 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor funded programs, preferably democracy and governance or media development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate M&E requirements and outcomes to project colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Ability to develop indicators.
- Good working knowledge of statistics and ability to obtain, analyze and interpret data and present findings in written and oral form.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative data collection/survey design, implementation and analysis.
- Competent in qualitative methodologies and participatory assessments.
- Competent in MS Excel, word processing, Power Point and experience using statistical programs, such as SPSS.
- Demonstrated understanding of European Union, Swedish SIDA, USAID and/or other donors.
- Experience in African environments and flexibility to apply lessons learned from other contexts.
- Understand and demonstrate commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured