Resource Mobilization Coordinators contribute to CIFOR-ICRAF’s resource mobilization goal to achieve significant, predictable, multi-year funding to enable flexible support for CIFOR-ICRAF programmes.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Resource Mobilization Coordinators contribute to CIFOR-ICRAF’s resource mobilization goal to achieve significant, predictable, multi-year funding to enable flexible support for CIFOR-ICRAF programmes. To do so, coordinators ensure that CIFOR-ICRAF staff benefit from targeted and analysed funder profiles and contacts, funding opportunities (Call for Proposals (RfPs)), standardized RM processes, tools and strategic, coordinated, efficient support for high quality, compelling solicited and unsolicited grant application submissions.
Primary objectives for this position include: reviewing identified funding opportunities (calls for proposals); coordinate and support the development of strategic grant applications, timely review and submission of grant applications; facilitate donor intelligence and assurance of strategic alignment of CIFOR-ICRAF’s objectives with funder priorities and objectives; assisting and supporting other relevant units with outreach and stewardship of major global donors and prospects; and contribute to standardized processes, tools and resources for unsolicited fundraising. The new Resource Mobilization Coordinator will be expected to have French language skills as Francophone Africa will be their primary focus.
Duties and responsibilities
Summary of responsibilities
- Improved development and submission of
high-quality concept notes and proposals (grant applications) to donors.
- Improved CIFOR/ICRAF-wide proposal-writing
capacity - to improve the quality of drafts produced by science teams and
increase in overall quantity of grant applications in the pipeline.
- Strengthened relations with current donors
and prospects with increased revenue available to implementation of
CIFOR-ICRAF’s 2020-2030 Strategy.
- Enhanced institutional reputation as a global
Proposal/ Program Development and Coordination
- Coordinate the research and verification of
new funding opportunities for relevant global campaigns and/or initiatives;
- Support global research teams in all stages
of pre-award functions (concept note/proposal development, planning, drafting, editing,
coordinating with potential proposal partners, internal clearances and
submission of high value solicitation documents) and efficient transfer of
approved awards to Programme/Grant Management;
Strategy, Analysis and Reporting
- Maintain efficient knowledge sharing and
information portal for capturing and sharing information and managing donor
intelligence to enable successful funding approaches and institutional
understanding of CIFOR-ICRAF’s resource development activities;
- Support the RM team on reporting progress in
key areas of the funding strategy and preparation of briefing materials for
donor presentations and/or meetings;
Support unsolicited fundraising processes and
- Coordinate with the RM team and other
corporate units on donor stewardship, communications and cultivation of major
global donors and prospects.
- Provide critical feedback for the development
of a standardized process (RM Strategy) for program development linked to CIFOR-
ICRAF Key Performance Areas (KPAs) support the development and submission of
high quality programs and coordinated planning.
- Work with the RM team on the development of
guidance notes, standard operating procedures, tools, templates, best
practices, lessons learned, and ensure consistent use of required tools by
- Support the development of Funder Profiles.
- Work with the team on enhancing tools and
processes that support “go/ no go” decisions and the monitoring of progress in
relation to unsolicited fundraising.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Conservation/Environmental Sciences, or Agricultural Development (an undergraduate degree with 5 years’ relevant work experience will be considered).
- Knowledge of national/global development agendas and goals.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in resource mobilization with proven track record of raising substantial funds for international organizations, UN agencies, and/or international non-governmental organizations – preferably in francophone Africa.
- Understanding of project cycle management.
- Experience in working with diverse teams.
- Solid work ethic including quality and timely delivery.
- Above average written and presentation skills.
- Experience with fundraising databases.
- Fluency in English and French mandatory (Spanish desirable).
- Highly organized, detail oriented, “door opener” with reliable timely and high-quality delivery of assignments.
Personal attributes and competencies
- “out-of-the-box” thinking.
- Extrovert personality.
- Ability to link sectors and maximize resource mobilization capacity with donors and other development partners.
- Diplomatic, tactful and effective management and stewardship of major international donors.
- Ability to quickly upload and interpret complex and technical subject matter to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve various general problems and advise complex and sensitive problems.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Global position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in USD commensurate with skills and experience.
- The initial appointment will be for 2 (two) years, inclusive of a six-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
The duty station will be in Nairobi, Kenya (preference); or Abidjan, Ivory Coast; or Yaoundé, Cameroon
To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor-icraf.org/
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
The application deadline is
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured