• A minimum of 3 year proven experience as a cook in a fast food kitchen.
• Relevant skills in food production and presentation.
• A certificate in food production or catering will be an added advantage.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Must be physically and medically fit.
• Should be able to work for long hours and be able to work on call.
• Must be conversant with food cost control.
• Good in stock management.
• Must be familiar with the local cuisine.
• Must be compliant and conversant with Food Hygiene and sanitation procedures.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Valid certificate of Good conduct
• Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe sanitation and food-handling practices.
• Keep watch and occasionally determine if food is sufficiently cooked.
• To weigh, measure, count and mix ingredients in line with standard restaurant recipes.
• Portion, prepare, arrange, and present food in the restaurant standard.
• Serve the food on presentable dishes to serving staff or customers.
• Ensuring proper food dispatch control.
• Ensure food / Beverages production is in line with laid down standard production procedures and specifications.
• Keeping proper record of food items and cooked food movement.
• To conduct mis en place i.e. chopping, cutting trimming and peeling
• Estimate expected food consumption and in line with brought forward (closing) stock, requisition from food store or purchase from the authorized suppliers.
• To inspect equipment structures and kitchen utensils so as to identify or detect problems.
• To participate in daily stock taking
Submit a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae with at least three (3) referees and supporting documents.