A University Graduate in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Law, or related field
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Department : Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance
Site : CSO
Reports to : Head of Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance
Supervises : Risk Secondee & Risk Champions
This position ensures implementation of effective Risk Management & Compliance Programs that is embedded in best practices across the Group. The position works closely with the Risk
Management Committee and broader management cohort to oversee the delivery of corporate compliance and risk management activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
a. A University Graduate in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Law, or related field
b. Professional qualification in Risk and Compliance and/or Finance (ACCA, CPAK) is an added advantage.
c. Over 5 years work experience in a manufacturing environment. A track record in managing Risk and Compliance is an added advantage.
d. Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify root causes of issues and propose corrective actions.
e. Computer literate with a working knowledge of a Risk Management Software and Microsoft Office.
f. Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a business partnering capacity whilst maintaining essential independence.
g. Demonstrated track record of influencing stakeholders from different backgrounds to drive risk-aware business outcomes.
h. Self-motivated individual able to operate in a performance driven environment with minimum supervision.
i. Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with demonstrated experience preparing and presenting risk reports.
Key Attributes/ Competencies:
a. Commercial acumen
b. Lead change
c. Advance strategy
d. Drive execution
e. Develop self and others.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND KEY RESULTS:
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and update of the risk management Framework in line with the company’s risk appetite.
- Conducts periodic Risk assessments in the business.
- Manage the quarterly review and reporting including Risk Management Committee engagement in relation to preparation of quarterly risk updates for the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Coordinate Enterprise Risk Management training and sensitization programs for staff, Risk Champions, and process owners.
- Champion risk awareness initiatives that promote the entrenchment of Risk -aware Culture within the organization.
- Collaborate with business functions in reviewing and updating the Business Continuity Management (BCM) framework to always ensure preparedness.
- Facilities periodic Internal and external audits.
- Working with Risk Champions and process owners to develop and update risk registers.
- Perform regular compliance assessments to ensure that all regulatory permits, licenses, and approvals remain current and appropriate for business needs.
- Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due.
- Collaborate with business functions to ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate development and reviewing of internal policies and procedures.
- Preparation of compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for internal and external audit purposes.
- Inform the Internal Audit unit of any findings as regards non-compliance that may require investigation.
- Keep abreast of new/changes on compliance and industry initiatives with regular reports and recommendations on initiatives to the Head of Audit, Risk & Compliance.
- Develop and deliver training programs to educate staff on compliance-related matters.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Risk Management Committee
- UHL Managers
- Plant Managers
- Risk Champions
- Risk Secondee
- Board committees
- Risk Management Peers
- Government Agencies as necessary
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.