Yellow Card is a globally remote team of 25+ working in both North America and Africa. We’re one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East. We allow anyone, banked or unbanked to not only buy, sell, and trade Crypto but also to become Merchants and make a living off enabling cash-based Customers to interface with the world of Decentralized Finance.
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer, we expect more than just fundamental grunt work. It’s important for every member of our team to have an Extreme Ownership of the product and its delivery. This comes intertwined with Extreme Curiosity as we want team members that can dig into the “Why” and the “How” on problems and collaborate to come up with solutions.
The Senior Fullstack Engineer at Yellow Card will make an extremely high impact on a small, fast scaling team. You'll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. Delivering a great experience to our customer is our first priority.
Our current technology includes: NodeJS, VueJS, NuxtJS, Vuetify, Netlify, Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, AWS SQS, AWS IoT, AWS EC2, ELK Stack, Jest, and more.
Our ideal candidate has experience not only with our tech stack in a successful SaaS company, but also with agile methodologies and web development. Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
● Set technical direction and own the architecture and implementation of features.
● Provide guidance and assist in helping knock down walls and clear path towards work completion.
● Lead implementations of new and existing features.
● Provide clear and concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team, project leads, and stakeholders.
● Plan, supervise and manage releases for the work the squad is performing.
● Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team's documentation, libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate.
● Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
● Develop responsive, optimized web components
● Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams.
● Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
● Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
● Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the Yellow Card platform.
● Participate in mandatory weekly calls.
Key Delivery Skills
• 4+ years of development experience in the technology industry
• 4+ years building backend services using NodeJS
• Experience using Express JS web framework
• 3+ years building web/mobile apps using Vue.js
• Familiarity with RESTful API design
• Familiarity with Github and Git workflow
• Familiarity with Agile Development Practices
• A scalability mindset
• Very good English skills (spoken and written, in a timely manner)
How to Apply
Email your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address, 3 referees from organizations you have recently served and your salary expectation. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.