Our client is an ICT solutions provider in the financial sector, microfinances.
Our client goal is to bring efficiency in the management of financial institutions by first understanding the business needs then come up with ICT solutions and aligning the solutions in accordance to the business needs.
To achieve this, our client is seeking an energetic software engineer with strong technical and programming skills to join our ICT team in Nairobi.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications.
2. Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the system coordinator.
4. Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
5. Work on new and existing APIs using the agreed architecture.
6. Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
7. Work on the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support.
8. Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
9. Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
10. Coordinate with co-developers and keeps systems coordinator well informed of the status of development effort.
11. Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development.
12. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor or CEO
The candidate must demonstrate a firm grasp of the following technologies:
• At least 3 years working experience
• MariaDB / MySQL, MongoDB, XAMMP
• Laravel PHP Framework
• HTML, CSS, JS, Bootstrap
• Linux, Windows Server
• Android is a plus
• Integration of systems – SOAP/XML/PHP e.t.c
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.