Seeking an exceptional supply chain professional with expertise in warehouse and inventory management, procurement processes and operational best practices to help develop and contribute to capability and excellence across nine country teams.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You ensure effective implementation of existing warehouse, logistics, retail and procurement SOPs and policies. You work hand-in-hand with country supply chain teams to train team members, check compliance and offer support in committing to and implementing supply chain best practices in an end-to-end approach. You will be a member of the Global Supply Chain team and report to the Global Supply Chain Process and Capability Associate. You will work closely with over 50 people across our country logistics and procurement teams (though no direct reports). This is a Nairobi-based role with an expectation of 50% of time spent traveling.
- Participate in development, implementation and auditing of Supply Chain policies and best practices:
- Ensure full adoption of new/improved processes after implementation.
- Become a subject matter expert of all existing Supply Chain policies and best practices and ensure country teams adhere to and have knowledge of these policies and expectations
- Visit at least one warehouse on a weekly basis to assess compliance and understanding of existing and new policies/SOPs.
- Identify improvement areas at the Warehouse, Procurement Store and retail shop level.
- Facilitate training of country-level trainers through existing Supply Chain Academies and beyond.
- Contribute to the development of training materials for new and improved SOPs.
- Contribute to a controls-driven, efficient, zero loss culture at every-level of the Global Supply Chain:
- Through continuous engagement and coaching of country-level staff in Logistics and Procurement, particularly warehouse managers and procurement store room managers.
- Support efforts for a zero-loss culture by workshopping, training and enhancing capability within country, warehouse and storeroom teams.
- Perform root cause analysis with country teams for monthly KPIs that are not within target thresholds- aim for continuous improvement of results.
- Support implementation of Supply Chain innovations and improved processes:
- Support digital transformation in country programs and provide expert support to country teams through transitions
- Be a key, hands-on, resource for supply chain teams in growth countries (Malawi, Tanzania, Nigeria, Zambia, Ethiopia, Uganda, etc.) through observations, compliance checks and training opportunities.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Must possess an appreciation for the challenges of logistics in a developing economy with an understanding of how the industry functions.
- Experience with SAP ERP or related systems
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a logistics, procurement or operations setting
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Knack for getting hands-on experience to improve
- Eye for detail and organized approach to work, especially when under pressure
- Strong project management skills
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
18 December 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.