Working hand in hand with other departments to ensure users understand how to
use the systems properly and efficiently.
Capital Ventures is one of Kenya’s leading financial services firms focused on providing Audit & Assurance, Advisory and Tax services
Our primary strategic goal is to create value for our clients and deliver a competitive advantage to their operations.
Our blend of international and Kenyan expertise is fundamental to the high quality of advice and assistance that we offer.
As elsewhere in the world, CV uses the benefit of its hands-on experience to provide a strong level of local understanding and support, in accordance with the international professional standards of the worldwide organization.
With over 50 employees we stand firm on our commitment to provide highly qualified professionals to assist private companies, public institutions with our first-hand knowledge and expertise-within Kenya and internationally.
This is a permanent and pensionable position with a competitive salary according to Kenyan living standards as well as a medical cover.
Our company operates on an international level and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race or colour. However, due to the large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The list acquired from this particular job posting will be used for evaluation of the above job position and stored in our database for use in case other opportunities arise. All those interested in the position should apply before the set deadline.
Capital ventures will respond to all applicants via email and contact shortlisted candidates via the same channel. Please keep up to date with your email notifications.
Ensure you state your ability to meet the above position in an elaborate and precise manner.
This position will primarily focus on maintenance and operation of all company software and hardware requirements. All company systems will fall under the information technology department.
This position reports directly to the IT Manager.
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
- Answer support phone and manage new requests for technical support
- High quality customer facing inter-personal skills
- Resolve technical issues with PC's, servers and peripheral devices
- Keep all technical records up to date
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
- Evening and weekend work will be required when necessary
- Diploma or degree in IT related field with 1 or more years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years of work experience in operations and maintenance is required
- Experience resolving technical issues with PC's and servers
- Thorough knowledge of PC/Server hardware
- Thorough knowledge of Windows
- Working knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Windows networking technologies
- Microsoft Certifications Preferred
- Thorough knowledge of set up and trouble-shooting audio visual equipment
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office applications
Physical: This position requires movement from one department to another as well as routine calls from different departments to report technical issues. 50% of time will be spent moving from one department to another and the other 50% in the office managing systems remotely.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Job Knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Resource Building and Stewardship
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and have the required qualification, skills and experience, kindly send a detailed 2 page CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position. Ensure you state the job title IT SUPPORT OFFICER in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted