Corporate Staffing Services Ltd
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Our client one of the leading purified drinking water companies seeks to hire an Accountant who will be tasked with undertaking all accounting duties as instructed, authorized and directed by the immediate Supervisor
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Gross Salary: 50k
Our client one of the leading purified drinking water companies seeks to hire an Accountant who will be tasked with undertaking all accounting duties as instructed, authorized and directed by the immediate Supervisor.
• Verify all payments for accuracy and submit for review,
• Maintain up to date accounting and financial records in respect to all transactions and ensure documents are correctly filed and secure,
• Responsible for entering financial information into the accounting system,
• Ensure all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with IFRS,
• Manage petty cash transactions as per the approved petty cash policy,
• Preparing monthly management accounts, profit & loss account, debtors, creditors, bank reconciliation, cash flow etc.
• In custody of KRA Stamps and maintaining record on issuing of the same,
• Monitor updates of all ledgers on continuous basis to ensure monthly ledger closure is on time,
• Maintaining an accurate and up to date fixed asset register for the Company
• Maintain proper documentation of license and Insurances for their renewals,
• Ensure that general administrative support as required for the office management is provided,
• Oversee all administrative filing of records and archiving,
• Provide support to all other administrative and logistics matters,
• Ensure the proper management of staff files in the main office,
• Receive all related supplies in the main office in readiness for dispatch to branches,
• Ensure all purchases are aligned to the procurement & payment policy by obtaining approvals from the CEO through the OM on all procurements and purchases and ensure these are complied with,
• Check and inspect goods received with the stores person and ensure they are of accurate quantity, specifications and acceptable and record any damaged, faulty/missing goods,
• To ensure all purchases are supported by an approved procurement request form,
• Organize for the purchase and delivery of goods to support the office and its work,
• Ensure that all logistics and stores paperwork is properly completed and stored (e.g. delivery notes, goods received note etc).
• Prepare management reports by 10th of every month; i.e. Profit & Loss Accounts, Cash Flow Statement, Corporate Debtors Reports, creditors
• Preparation of Corporate Debtors Statement and follow up of the payments.
• Bank reconciliation report by close of the month.
• Monthly cash flow target in the last week of the month for following month.
• Reconciliation of control accounts; including the analysis of debtors and creditors, by the 20th of the following month.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• A minimum of CPA Part 2 or its equivalent.
• Certified Public Accountant – CPA (K).
• At least 2-4 years of experience as an accountant
• Should be hands-on with Quickbooks.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint is required.
• Should be familiar with costings, taxation, and cost analysis.
• Be an excellent team player with excellent communication skills/./
• Have demonstrated the ability to act decisively and resolve problems.
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the post above, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant) to us on or before 11th March 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured