The Accountant role shall have the overall responsibility of carrying out accounting and finance duties in the company.
SALARY: Ksh 50,000
LOCATION: Hurlingham, Nairobi
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Assume overall responsibilities and leadership of the Accountants Department.
- Review and verify all transactions posted in the system.
- Prepare and issue routine financial reports: customer and branch profitability reports.
- Manage debtors: Collect all accounts receivable, update the system, escalate problematic. Debtors to Branch Managers or other Seniors, liaise with external debt collectors.
- Manage creditors: negotiate credit terms, enforce agreed credit periods.
- Management of all payments: vendors, statutory.
- Administration Tax: PAYE, VAT.
- Confirm all purchased items are received in the organization.
- Perform reconciliations: monthly bank, payroll, Client Accounts, supplier accounts.
- Cash flow management – ensure cash is available when need i.e. through AR collections/bank overdrafts, etc.
- Preparation of the payroll
- Ensure organization complies with all legal requirements.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts.
- Preparation of Annual Budgets.
- Conduct surprise stock and cash count.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s degree in B. Com, Financial Management, Accounting Degree.
• 3 years’ experience as an Accountant in a security company.
• Age – above 28 yrs.
• Familiar with the relevant software programs
• Excellent numerical and analytical abilities
• Excellent in verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in a security company
• Must be able to deliver under strict deadlines and handle pressure effectively.