University degree in related field.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
The feed processing company is based at the Shores of Lake Victoria Bondo Sub-County Siaya County
Position: Animal Feed Formulator
The Animal feed formulators will provide formulation support to Greatlakes ltd manufacturing technical team. The duty will involve helping to manage various feed formulas daily, and assisting with formula maintenance.
The position also handles customer inquiries regarding animal nutrition and best practices. The position requires dealing with different people, such as the mill manager, to solve production challenges. Feed formulators will help the company to understand feed regulations for different markets. Additionally, the feed formulator will store records for all feed formulas in an organized database for easy reference. Whenever required the feed formulator need to develop substitute products when certain ingredients are challenging or expensive to acquire. He should be up-to-date on the animal feed industry to ensure provide the best advice regarding technical support and formulation for feed manufacturing.
Animal Feed Formulator Duties
• Handle customer inquiries on animal nutrition
• Manage feed formulas
• Handle production challenges, such as developing substitute ingredient options
• Record all formula information
• Provide recommendations for product improvements
• Follow feed regulations for the area of relevance
• Assist in the registration of feed products
• Uphold accurate feed labels that follow proper protocol
• Conduct periodic feed test to determine FCR on fish and other animals
• Organize and keep feed test records as required by regulatory bodies
Education and Training
Animal feed formulators should have a bachelor's degree or diploma in either animal nutrition, nutrition, animal science, or agricultural science. Candidates should have a working knowledge of farming and livestock practices in the area; practical experience is preferred. Animal feed formulators should also have manufacturing experience to give them a better understanding of feed mill operations.
Key Skills and Qualities
• Good computer skills
• Practical animal or livestock experience
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to create and deliver presentations
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Valid drivers’ licence
• Great organisation and time management skills
• Leadership qualities
• Detail oriented
• Ability to design and execute objectives
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.